2013 Stromer vs 2014 Stromer - is there a difference?

Brambor

So my deal is saying they will receive their 2014 shipment in March. I was wondering are there any differences between the 2013 and the 2014 Stromer Elites?

Hi Brambor, I've reached out to Stromer so they might share the primary differences with us here. I haven't spent much time with the 2014 models and don't want to speculate. Maybe some other members could chime in as well. Great question btw.

My name is Brent Meyers and I am the National Sales Manager for Stromer US. Essentially, the 2104 Stromer ST1 Platinum and Elite are the same as the 2013 ST1 Platinum and Elite. We don't make model changes every year, as we believe the product lifecycle should be 2 full seasons. This means, we won't have any ST1 changes until next season (2015). You can check out plenty of reviews on the ST1 online (and on this site). I think you'll be very pleased with what you see. You can email me directly with any questions at: [email protected] Thanks!

My name is Brent Meyers and I am the National Sales Manager for Stromer US. Essentially, the 2104 Stromer ST1 Platinum and Elite are the same as the 2013 ST1 Platinum and Elite. We don't make model changes every year, as we believe the product lifecycle should be 2 full seasons. This means, we won't have any ST1 changes until next season (2015). You can check out plenty of reviews on the ST1 online (and on this site). I think you'll be very pleased with what you see. You can email me directly with any questions at: [email protected] Thanks!

Thanks for the clarification, Brent. Appreciate your input here. Are you guys releasing ST2 this year? and also there is some speculation that it will have larger battery, range and also the price increase. Can you comment on that?

Thanks

Thank You Brent. While I was not expecting major changes I was just wondering whether some components have been swapped for other components due to repair history track or due to supply quirks.

I appreciate your response. I hope to be on a Stromer come spring. :) BTW - Why is the basket for the City Kit in the picture but not part of the kit ? :)

Hi Brambor, I'm not sure if you're referring to the picture in my review of the ST1 Platinum but if so, I just pulled that image from a Google search and wanted to find one that was sufficiently different from the ST1 Elite so people wouldn't get confused. It was not meant to insinuate that the bike came with a rack and city kit and I tried to point that out in the review. Sorry if it has caused you any confusion!

Thanks for chiming in with such a quick response here Brent, welcome to the forum!

Hi Guys! At this time I can't share any information on the ST2. All I can tell you is that information will be flowing soon. Sorry!

There was really no need to make any component changes. The 9 speed Sora (27 speed XT w/ Platinum) and the Magura MT2 brakes have been great. Sorry about the basket picture....that actually is offered in Switzerland and is pictured on the Swiss site. We'll be making some website changes shortly to eliminate confusion. Let me know when and where you are purchasing a Stromer and I'll see about getting you a break on the city kit.

Yeah, It was the picture from the main Stromer web site. Brent thank you for your offer. I will contact you when the time comes :) I would like to have the basket too. Do you think the dealers can get it or is it only at the european bike stores?

Hi Guys! At this time I can't share any information on the ST2. All I can tell you is that information will be flowing soon. Sorry!

There was really no need to make any component changes. The 9 speed Sora (27 speed XT w/ Platinum) and the Magura MT2 brakes have been great. Sorry about the basket picture....that actually is offered in Switzerland and is pictured on the Swiss site. We'll be making some website changes shortly to eliminate confusion. Let me know when and where you are purchasing a Stromer and I'll see about getting you a break on the city kit.

:D:D:p

You're a stand up guy Brent! Hopefully I will have my St1 in the next few weeks. I can't wait to see what you guys do with the ST2!

If your daily commute warrants it, get the city kit for sure! I've been so stoked with the fender/light package and use it every single day, it's been fantastic.
Did you get the supernova lighting system? How much better is it if so?

stromer-supernova-light.jpg
Did you get the supernova lighting system? How much better is it if so?
I did get the supernova light. It does cast a larger beam (it's WAY brighter) and it's not the cheaper made plastic option. For how much I am going to use it I thought it was worth the extra $$

Yeah, It was the picture from the main Stromer web site. Brent thank you for your offer. I will contact you when the time comes :) I would like to have the basket too. Do you think the dealers can get it or is it only at the european bike stores?

Hi Guys!

Your local Stromer dealer should be able to get the Basket or any other accessories that fits to the TUBUS Racktime System used on the Stromer ST1 City Kit. If they don't, US Customers can order online @Ortlieb USA and Canadians @swissborn.com.
IMPORTANT!
  1. If you're ordering trough Ortlieb USA please let them know in the comment box at the check-out that you need the NEW UNIVERSAL "Snap-It Adapter" on your items.
  2. If you are riding the 16.5" ST1 you should go for the "Bask-It SM" instead the "Bask-It" because of the distance between saddle and rack.
I hope that's helpful.

Juerg

Last edited:
If your refering to this article: http://www.motostrano.com/Stromer-ST2-Electric-Bicycle-p/st2.htm
Then I'm pretty sure it's just an estimation on their part, to try and capture some pre-orders.
In their "features" page they list an "easily removable Sanyo lithium ion battery" then at the bottom they describe a "Battery type: Samsung Deep Discharge..." could just be a typo or could very easily be a stab in the dark.
Ok, That's right, looks like their trying to jump the gun. Well how about this? I'll bet you want to buy this: http://ecruiserbikes.com/our-bikes/shaft-drive/ Whoops!... Where do I order? Another vaporware product?

Ok, That's right, looks like their trying to jump the gun. Well how about this? I'll bet you want to buy this: http://ecruiserbikes.com/our-bikes/shaft-drive/ Whoops!... Where do I order? Another vaporware product?

Well any time I see a non moving picture of what someone is touting.... I usually think "prototype" then when I see a cartoon advertisement about it instead of the real thing I get real suspicious!! I did email them to get more info about the "Protanium shaft drive" bike and will let you know what I hear! It does look kinda cool though
and then there's this:

shaft_drive_sliderfuture-release-900x450.jpg

Back