1UpUSA Bike Rack

one thing i hate about the 1up is changing the little arm slots up and down when i change bike tire sizes, like the 20 inch mariner to the street etc

i had bought a fat tire spacer kit for the street and using the top part am able to clean the light and get the arms up decently

then i bought a fat tire bike unexpectedly and now that is on a slot for it

so just ordered another fat spacer kit and some more wheel savers

then started thinking about if i could make the entire rack fat spaced and whether this would be safe/sturdy etc
would eliminate me having to change so much stuff if i move the street to a different slot...
emailed 1up and ask about it, and said i would be using the wheel savers on all skinnier tire bikes

they said this was fine

so using the fat tire spacers may help with some bikes for clearing rear lights, racks etc
if you only have issues on the rear one spacer kit would do 2 bikes

the battery rack on the prodeco is wide so no clearing that one

my takes so far on all this

it is definitely a pia to load and secure the bikes, especially if you have to adjust arms etc
not sure about other racks because i have no experience but since having a flat on the rear of the street i think adding velcro wheel straps is good security on all of them

have a feeling none of these are super fast to load/unload unless you never change bike sizes and do not have any fenders or racks

i am a little more crazy about securing everything when travelling out of town etc and being on the hwy 300-600 miles

who was it that has a 1up and put pipe protectors on the sides etc, could that person post pics

am actually trying to buy a yakima holdup today in phx that was on craigs
it is the 1.25 and will fit on my sedan, according to their website the weight on the 1.25 is 60lbs per bike

will give feedback after using it some
will have to modify it a little for the fat bike but looks like a lot of people have done that

if i dont like it will sell it

when doing research on all this a year ago it seemed every rack had a disaster at some point, all these top end racks seem pretty safe though and i think stuff like that is rare
it is just what works best with your car and bikes

anyone in az that would like to see my 1up, mods etc - and the yakima if i get it today i would be willing to meet and show you
sucks buying a lot of this stuff online without being able to try it

another point on the 1up

putting the fat tire spacers on it helps clear the disc brakes much better
that was something i was always having to watch, that the arms were not touching the brake disc

this is completely eliminated with the fat tire spacers

Appreciate the video on this rack @George S.

I have a 2011 Honda Accord Sedan. I am looking to add either the Curt or Draw Tite receiver to use the 1up.

From the center of the hitch pin hole to the outermost part of the bumper the:

Curt measures: 3-3/4
Draw Tite measures: 4-3/4

Would either of these receivers allow the 1up to be properly tilted upwards in the stored position when not carrying a bike?

I would prefer to use the Draw Tite since it is a little more hidden but wouldn't want it to keep the 1up being positioned upwards due to the bumper.

Lastly, I'm planning to get the Juiced Crosscurrent I believe it may be 50lbs or few lbs over 50lbs, would this rack be able to handle the weight? I only plan to use it to hold one bike.

Thx

Lastly, I'm planning to get the Juiced Crosscurrent I believe it may be 50lbs or few lbs over 50lbs, would this rack be able to handle the weight? I only plan to use it to hold one bike.
I think the CC is 44 pounds without the battery, and I'd always remove the battery. If you add the stuff people tend to add, like suspension seat posts, racks, lights, etc, it can get a little heavy. If you have a 2 inch receiver, you can run 75# with that version. You generally get 2 inch receivers on trucks and bigger SUV's with high tow ratings.

I wish they would beef the 1 1/4 inch receiver version up a bit, because ebikes are generally over the weight. I'm not sure they had ebikes in mind when they designed it. It's nice, because it is light, but one of my bikes is way over the limit now.

I'm not sure about the clearances. I have another hitch in the receiver now, so I can't check it. They usually respond to emails with a few words, but they answer the questions. It's relatively easy to remove, which is nice, and it folds very neatly. My previous hitch required two wrenches turned from an awkward position to remove and once the hitch was off it was about as compact as a small polar bear.

Back