Polaris acquired electric motorcycle company Brammo

Mike leroy

Press Release

Brammo has designed and developed numerous electric vehicles, including the award-winning Enertia and Empulse motorcycles. Brammo’s motorcycles have won numerous racing championships including the 2013 FIM eRR North American World Cup Champion and 2012 TTXGP World Championship.

What does this mean for electric bicycles? Quite significant because Polaris also sells the Aapex eBike. Brammo batteries are NCM, which can halve battery weight and double power.

Infographic_Motor_5_28_14.jpg

Brammo supplies these products, including the Brammo Power™ battery pack and Brammo Power™ vehicle management systems, globally to a wide range of OEMs.

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Last edited:
I am very interested in Brammo Enertia....could possibly be my next purchase.

I am very interested in Brammo Enertia....could possibly be my next purchase.
I think Polaris could easily leapfrog the entire industry. I want a eBike that comes from some motor sports company. I am looking for a lightweight motorcycle that I can pedal. Ideally the motorcycle would weigh 50 pounds with a battery and 30 pounds without battery. I think Polaris has everything it takes to accomplish it!

I think Polaris could easily leapfrog the entire industry. I want a eBike that comes from some motor sports company. I am looking for a lightweight motorcycle that I can pedal. Ideally the motorcycle would weigh 50 pounds with a battery and 30 pounds without battery. I think Polaris has everything it takes to accomplish it!
But I doubt they will do it any time soon.

then you don't have access to leave the road or you could get in trouble
I plan on getting a motorcycle license. I will register the bike with DMV. I Will simply remove the battery when I need access to other areas. I need to get up my hill. I seriously doubt I can do 35mph on a 10% grade without some sort of motorcycle tech

I plan on getting a motorcycle license. I will register the bike with DMV. I Will simply remove the battery when I need access to other areas. I need to get up my hill. I seriously doubt I can do 35mph on a 10% grade without some sort of motorcycle tech
The m1 with that amount of torque could do it like a hot knife through butter. If you want a motorcycle go for zero motorcycles. they have been the pioneers and their price isn't much different than the M1.

The m1 with that amount of torque could do it like a hot knife through butter. If you want a motorcycle go for zero motorcycles. they have been the pioneers and their price isn't much different than the M1.
Good point. I like the M1 better. Just take the battery off to ride a 30 pound bicycle. Much more flexible.

Good point. I like the M1 better. Just take the battery off to ride a 30 pound bicycle. Much more flexible.
Exactly. Then you don't need a motorcycle license. Plus the battery comes of super easily. you could carry the battery in a backpack until you need it!!

I really like the Polaris ebikes as well they just need better marketing and distribution. My local Polaris dealers talked to me as if I was an idiot (which I well be) when I even mentioned electric bicycles. A good product but poor marketing and sales, and support. I would have bought a Polaris but the local dealers in MD have treated me like I was insane (which I may be, lol). In any case I have a new DB Trace EXC headed my way and Polaris lost the sale. I'll be looking in another 6 months or so. Hopefully Polaris has things in hand by then.

I very much like Polaris! I've owned Polaris motorized vehicles in addition to their stock, one of my favorite companies, but don't wait for that game changing to come. Polaris is a conservative company, making careful deliberate moves. They are the tortoise, not the hare. They'll win the race, but they just aren't the leapfrogging kind, that's why I like owning them.

I very much like Polaris! I've owned Polaris motorized vehicles in addition to their stock, one of my favorite companies, but don't wait for that game changing to come. Polaris is a conservative company, making careful deliberate moves. They are the tortoise, not the hare. They'll win the race, but they just aren't the leapfrogging kind, that's why I like owning them.
Do you know why they kept Brammo motor and battery, but discontinued the motorcycle?

Not sure what will become of brammo or the brammo-polaris partnership, but I decided to pick up a used Enertia this weekend. Pretty fun electric! I have a Polaris ebike, now the ecycle...all I need is the ecar....Tesla....hmmmm (too much $$$). I also have a white body kit for this Enertia and few other extras like the hard locking saddlebags.

EnertiaPickup.jpg

Enertia.jpg

Not sure what will become of brammo or the brammo-polaris partnership, but I decided to pick up a used Enertia this weekend. Pretty fun electric! I have a Polaris ebike, now the ecycle...all I need is the ecar....Tesla....hmmmm (too much $$$). I also have a white body kit for this Enertia and few other extras like the hard locking saddlebags.

View attachment 2901

View attachment 2902
Fantastic! Have you seen videos of them on racetracks? The speed is hard to believe!

Fantastic! Have you seen videos of them on racetracks? The speed is hard to believe!
No, I haven't. I know they sponsor race teams and have won some championships in the past. it will be interesting to see it what Polaris does with the brammo technology.

Back