Triumph Motorcycles launches its first electric bike

FlatSix911

Region
USA
City
Silicon Valley
Nice design and specs, but I was expecting something more cutting edge from Triumph... maybe next time. ;)

Power comes from a Shimano E6100 mid-drive motor putting out 250 “nominal” watts, but widely known to peak somewhere above 500 W. The integrated battery is a Shimano E8035 model with 504 Wh of capacity. Triumph rates the Trekker GT for 150 km (93 miles) of range on a single charge, but that’s in the lowest power mode under ideal conditions.

I rocked a similar Shimano mid-drive and battery setup and found that I could get close to that range in the lowest power mode, but that I wound up in medium power more often to save my legs some effort. Expect closer to 50-75% of the published range on medium levels of pedal assist in real world conditions.

The hardtail Triumph Trekker GT gets a RockShox Paragon fork upfront with 65 mm of suspension travel and rolls on Schwalbe Energizer Green Guard 27.5 x 2.0 tires. The Trekker GT also includes a set of Shimano Deore M600 hydraulic disc brakes, LED lighting, a set of full-length fenders, kickstand, pannier rack, ABUS Proshield rear wheel lock, and a Selle Royal Vivo saddle.

The nice combination of components and the Shimano drive system end up boosting the price to a rather tall £2,950 including VAT, or about US$3,700. The Triumph Trekker GT is now available in the UK, EU (except for Germany and Austria) and the US. Availability in Asia is “still to be defined.”

1592345389431.png

Last edited:
"Cutting Edge" is illegal in Europe unless it's in a boat or library-services, penalties are serious. :rolleyes:🤣

Triumph selling ebikes now, Harley someday soon. They promise. Again

Triumph selling ebikes now, Harley someday soon. They promise. Again

Harley has already jumped on the bandwagon... with a few un-inspired designs.

1592354270866.png

Yeah
Harley has already jumped on the bandwagon... with a few un-inspired designs.

View attachment 55745
I saw the same pics, but not for sale yet, AFAIK. I think the ebike market is moving too fast for them. Especially the tight margins and frequent price drops happening among the DTC companies isn't something that they are used to.

Yeah

I saw the same pics, but not for sale yet, AFAIK. I think the ebike market is moving too fast for them.
Especially the tight margins and frequent price drops happening among the DTC companies isn't something that they are used to.

I agree with your market assessment... also the design is a bit chunky around the motor and bottom bracket.

And
I agree with your market assessment... also the design is a bit chunky around the motor and bottom bracket.
And if Harley or even Triumph releases a me too ebike, at a premium price , they will be judged much more harshly than someone new.

I like the idea of motorcycle companies selling ebikes if they bring ideas like transferrable warranty, ABS for ebikes, things that could make them stand out from the crowd. Triumph and Harley offer a 24 month transferable warranty on their motorcycles, and Yamaha Power Assist Bicycles offer this now in the US for their ebikes.

Last edited: