Bionx enter receivership

Still getting great support with my Ohm. Hope that the technology survives, as this motor IMHO is the best I have ridden. The support the larger format motor has avoids the issues with spoke stress that smaller diameter motors have.

Still getting great support with my Ohm. Hope that the technology survives, as this motor IMHO is the best I have ridden. The support the larger format motor has avoids the issues with spoke stress that smaller diameter motors have.

Good to hear about Ohm. A recent article on Bionx GmbH appeared to indicate they are in discussions with their investors about finding a way to relocate/restart production, they're focused right now on supporting their European retailers and OEM partners, but I agree it would be in everyone's interest if the German company would come to an international supplier relationship with the insolvent Bionx Canada's US and Canadian retailers and OEM partners. Ohm bikes appear to be sold in Germany under the Mi-Tech brand, and Elby Bike Europe's product is also the same, I note they use the D-series motor, that leads me to suspect if production restarts it may just be the D-series.

Spoking to the wheel hub rather than onto the motor was thoughtful, the axle flex torque sensor is also useful for when you want/need the bottom bracket clear of PAS sensors. At least if the proprietary battery conks out there are companies that will repack with new cells.

Last edited:
Sadly Bionx GmbH went into liquidation so there will be no more Bionx production (Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Remaining Bionx Parts can be bought in the US from two Canadian businesses that bought up stock during the receivership sale
Amego EV (Link Removed - No Longer Exists)
BX Legacy https://www.bx-legacy.com/pages/about-us

Hi guys! I visited OHM today, a tight partner with BionX (for those who are new to the company), and was delighted to find that they had used extra funds to buy up old inventory and are supporting their models for years to come... and even developed some hardware solutions beyond BionX to repack batteries and replace motors with TDCM. Check out an interview I did with them here.

Back