Follow up Review?

Kaldeem

Ride is now in full production, they are still largely selling on the east coast, but I was wondering since the original review was of the Steel frame and still mainly a prototype, if @Court planned to do a follow up review?

Additionally, has anyone ridden this bike, other than Court? I'm just curious about the bike and the feel of it, since Court stated it kinda felt like a Stromer.

Hi Kaldeem, I'd love to do a follow up review but am currently buried with reviews on the West Coast. I may road trip again later this year and visit the Ride folks. Sorry for the less than desired response... this past month has been super busy with travel, I was visiting family and my Grandmother just passed away. I'm glad we got to spend some time together but it has been disruptive from a work perspective for sure.

Oh man, I'm sorry to hear that about your Grandmother. Hope every one is coping well.

Busy is good!! I can't believe, well I can, that you able to do this for a living!! That's awesome and congratulations!! Anyways, when ever you get around to the follow up review on the Riide, that would be awesome. I've been emailing Amber and she's stated that they have plans for future models with different amenities like upgraded battery/motor size and so forth.

"Hi Madeem,
Thanks so much for your interest in Riide! And we're sorry to hear about your sad ebike story.
Here are some answers to your questions:
#1-3:
Yes, there will be future Riide models, but we are uncertain when the next model will be announced and what new features/upgrades will be available. We are considering everything you mentioned!
#4:
We plan to revamp the website this spring and we are constantly updating social media! Is there specific info you'd like to see added to the site/social media?
#5:
We are definitely considering partnerships with vendors in other cities. In the meantime, we have a 14 day no-questions-asked return policy if you feel inclined to purchase and return if you're not satisfied. Shipping's on us!
#6:
Yup, we have a standard 26" wheel and 1.75" tire. You can replace it with any tire that fits the wheel/fork.
Please let me know if you have any further questions!
Best,
Amber"

I have spent couple of hours with people who helped Jeff and Amber during their pre-production design stage.
To respect their privacy, I won't mention the names but they have 30+ years experience at 'Bicycle Space' shop in D.C.
From what I heard, the first prototype had major geometry issues and these guys (Jeff and Amber) come from marketing background, not bike design background. So, you might want to take a longer test ride before spending $1.8K on that bike.

Hmm. Geometry issues? Can you elaborate more? I'm unfamiliar with the effects of geometry on bikes and potential issues they may cause.

Hmm. Geometry issues? Can you elaborate more? I'm unfamiliar with the effects of geometry on bikes and potential issues they may cause.

Rear dropout, battery compartment, cable routing, headtube/fork rake etc. These were the issues I heard.
Better to shoot an email to Jeff and Amber and find out what exactly happened.

Ok thanks. I've been in contact with them for a while, but I've never heard of these issues. Additionally I can't find anything on the internet of users who own a Riide bike, and their thoughts or experiences... odd. The Sonders bike has more info than Riide right now.

Back