Known Issues & Problems with Corratec Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

Ann M.

No ebike is perfect, this is a thread dedicated to sharing known issues or problems with electric bikes from Corratec as well as any help and solutions you know of. Sometimes that means a DIY fix and other times it can mean a recall, software update or part replacement by a dealer.

Please be respectful and constructive with feedback, this is not a space for hate speech. In many cases, representatives from the company will see feedback and use it to improve their product. In the end, the goal is to enjoy riding and help each other go further and be safer.

As cool as I think the Corratec LIFEBIKE electric bicycle is… and my review here remains unchanged, I had an uncomfortable experience working with the founder, Phillipp Riebold, that gives me pause in fully recommending the product. Customer service matters, especially when spending several thousand dollars, and my trust as a reviewer was violated. Phil had agreed to pay me a service fee to help compensate for travel and accommodation expenses incurred to visit New York and review his product. I had agreed to expedite his review and upon meeting in Brooklyn, I bought him breakfast and lowered the agreed service fee because I admired his spirit. I was excited to help him launch a new brand in the US. Unfortunately, upon delivering the following review within two days, Phil did not reply to my emails and I have not been able to reach him via phone, even when leaving messages, ever since. My original review was posted on April 10th and I am writing this message as of June 23rd… giving Phil the benefit of the doubt for over two full months. I have asked others who are in contact with him and he does still appear to be responding to other individuals. As an entrepreneur myself, I realize that times get tight financially. If Phil is unwilling to honor our agreement or even speak with me, I cannot in good conscious recommend his products to an end consumer.

Sorry to hear this @Court. Whether you run an ebike shop as I do, or you're an ebike owner, the integrity of the manufacturers is important.

Back