Known Issues & Problems with Benno Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

Ann M.

No ebike is perfect, this is a thread dedicated to sharing known issues or problems with electric bikes from Benno as well as any help and solutions you know of. Sometimes that means a DIY fix and other times it can mean a recall, software update or part replacement by a dealer.

Please be respectful and constructive with feedback, this is not a space for hate speech. In many cases, representatives from the company will see feedback and use it to improve their product. In the end, the goal is to enjoy riding and help each other go further and be safer.

Ann,
Thanks for starting this thread.
My Benno Boost E came in a box about three months ago. It's my first new bike since i bought my Motobecane Grand Touring in 197y2.
I especially appreciate my Benno's utility: 1 full bag bag of groceries in each pannier + beer, the upright riding position, and sufficient assist to climb short grades of 15% - 20% w/out standing up on the pedals! Climbing these hills ("Turbo") allows me to avoid some heavy traffic.
The bike is testing my limits more than the other way around.
I should add that my add-on Body Float seat stem is sweet to my back.

Have you had issues or problems with your Benno Boost E?

@Tom Birt, sounds like you have a near perfect setup! Even with some space for beer :D. I must confess, that I do not have the pleasure of owning a Benno ebike, just created this thread so everyone could share their experiences. BTW, you certainly deserve a new bike if the last was in '72!

Ann,
Thanks for starting this thread.
My Benno Boost E came in a box about three months ago. It's my first new bike since i bought my Motobecane Grand Touring in 197y2.
I especially appreciate my Benno's utility: 1 full bag bag of groceries in each pannier + beer, the upright riding position, and sufficient assist to climb short grades of 15% - 20% w/out standing up on the pedals! Climbing these hills ("Turbo") allows me to avoid some heavy traffic.
The bike is testing my limits more than the other way around.
I should add that my add-on Body Float seat stem is sweet to my back.

Have you had issues or problems with your Benno Boost E?

Wow, think I might have the same Motobecane that you do. I haven't ridden it in quite a few years, but I still have it. Campy Nuovo Record and high-flange hubs, but not a full Campy bike. Stronglight crank. Same?

Back