Known Issues & Problems with Zehus Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

Ann M.

No ebike is perfect, this is a thread dedicated to sharing known issues or problems with electric bikes from Zehus as well as any help and solutions you know of. Sometimes that means a DIY fix and other times it can mean a recall, software update or part replacement by a dealer.

Please be respectful and constructive with feedback, this is not a space for hate speech. In many cases, representatives from the company will see feedback and use it to improve their product. In the end, the goal is to enjoy riding and help each other go further and be safer.

I got FIXIE Inc. Backspin Zehus.
It came with no chain tensioner - easy to fix but surprising. If no tensioner is mounted, expect your wheel to relocate and chain to fall off the gear.
Front light is mounted within the handlebar but breakes line is covering it.
Motor sometime stops delivering the force for unknown reasons even on low speed.
Motor sometimes becomes much louder than normally (might be a defect of my unit).
App had issues but was improved a lot with previous release. Team is working on it so if you encounter any app related issues - try updating it.
Frame is a almost standard fixed bike frame with horizontal wheel mount but the size is non-standard (standard size is either 10mm or 14mm but here it is something like 13mm so chain tensioner might need some modification before mounting).

[ZEHUS motor backspin] [app bug]

I just bought also the fixie inc. with the backspin zehus motor. I had no problem with the bike itself because I bought it on a website (probikeshop) that sends all the pieces at a bike shop where the bike is correctly mounted which is a good option I think.

The first days i used it as a normal bike and it went ok but when I connected the bike with the app it started to bug a lot. The wheel just randomly lock itself even when I am not connected to the bike. I have to go on the app and unlock the motor all the time, during a 5 km trip it happened 6 times. I had an accident because of this issue, I fell off the bike going down a hill. Since this I'm not using the bike anymore and I'm waiting to contact zehus a see what they could do for this issue because I don't think I could fix it myself. I had already tried to re download the app, re-register the bike on it and ticking out the option of backspin slowdown. If anyone had any similar issues let me know :)

Back