Known Issues & Problems with Xtracycle Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

Ann M.

No ebike is perfect, this is a thread dedicated to sharing known issues or problems with electric bikes from Xtracycle as well as any help and solutions you know of. Sometimes that means a DIY fix and other times it can mean a recall, software update or part replacement by a dealer.

Please be respectful and constructive with feedback, this is not a space for hate speech. In many cases, representatives from the company will see feedback and use it to improve their product. In the end, the goal is to enjoy riding and help each other go further and be safer.

I have an Xtracycle Edgerunner 10e. The bike has been great so far (250 miles). We have been and hope to continue to use the bike to transport kids and run all kinds of errands. I am wondering if anyone can comment on the Kickback 2 stand. My bike was built by a reputable bike shop, but they are not an Xtracycle dealer, so this was likely the only one they have built. I have noticed a few small errors on the build (hooptie rails were upside down) but nothing I couldn't fix myself. Unfortunately, there are no other Edgerunners around to compare it to or discover build issues. So I have been reading a lot of forums. My Kickback 2 has trouble stay up during a ride. At times, it will fall then drag during cornering. Is there a way to increase the spring tension? I don't have a Space Cowboy. Would a Space Cowboy help with this problem?

Here's a copy of Xtracycle's instructions for a Kickback2. The images may help you understand how the kickstand is supposed to fit. Kickstand springs don't generally have adjustments; however, you do have a 1 year warranty on this part & 2 years overall if you registered it shortly after purchase. If you have this older style kickstand you do need the Space Cowboy it does help with the kickstand's stability; however, it should have come with the stand. You can also order a replacement spring if this is not a new ebike.

When you're loading/unloading bags or kids; of course the kickstand needs to bear the weight. Do remember that it does wear out that spring a little faster and the worst culprit is the rider sitting on the bike with the kickstand down for a period of time, especially if the back end is loaded.

Attachments

• KickBack-LT2-Assembly.pdf
    959.9 KB · Views: 1,443
Back