Known Issues & Problems with Vanmoof Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

Ann M.

No ebike is perfect, this is a thread dedicated to sharing known issues or problems with electric bikes from Vanmoof as well as any help and solutions you know of. Sometimes that means a DIY fix and other times it can mean a recall, software update or part replacement by a dealer.

Please be respectful and constructive with feedback, this is not a space for hate speech. In many cases, representatives from the company will see feedback and use it to improve their product. In the end, the goal is to enjoy riding and help each other go further and be safer.

Love my VM ES2 - minor issues that required easy fixes. the rear carrier rattling against the fender, replaced the pedals, the seat and the grips. All good, working perfectly. Posting because I don't think there are many in this group yet.Bought my wife an X2 also. The car is lonely, as it sits in the driveway way more than before.

@tedcousens - hope you write a little more about your experience with these bikes soon. there is very little current information (in english) available. for now, can you comment on differences in ride qualities of the S2 vs X2? Is the X2 as comfortable and fast as the S2?

We bought one of each. The S2 is for taller people from five foot eight and up and the X2 is for smaller people. Same configuration same bike, they just lowered the top tube. As far as I can see these bikes are awesome. We love them we're getting on in years and road riding is increasingly difficult but with the Van Moof, we ride all the time now and we use it for commuting. Depending on your assist level, you can get 40-90 miles per charge. A full charge takes 4 hours. If you purchase 'Peace of Mind' protection (a must for cities) and your bike is stolen, if they don't find it within two weeks, they replace it.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20190930_143433.jpg
    MVIMG_20190930_143433.jpg
    881.4 KB · Views: 747
The X2 has much smaller wheels than the S2. Does that have a big impact on the ride or handling? Have you ridden both of them and could you comment on the differences?

I have rented the S2 in Amsterdam for an afternoon and was "soso" with it. But take the full blame because I always put full force on the pedals (I actually stand on them) when starting at red lights and with the torque sensor the engine gave full support, so I had some hairy situations.
But with a bit of getting use to, i think this is fine.
The newish model S 3 (? as well, but I am turned off by the "gearbox" (what for?) as well as the rather fragile looking "kick lock". Why do we always have to go hightech with something as simple as an e-bike? A electric motor dont need a gearbox. Its torque is there, anytime.
All those things will break eventually and not only for a Mr. Murphy.
That's just my humble opinion of course.

So without those gimmicks and a bit of a design work that would be "my bike", i hope there is something better out there...

Back