Known Issues & Problems with Jetson Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

Ann M.

No ebike is perfect, this is a thread dedicated to sharing known issues or problems with electric scooters & bikes from Jetson as well as any help and solutions you know of. Sometimes that means a DIY fix and other times it can mean a recall, software update or part replacement by a dealer.

Please be respectful and constructive with feedback, this is not a space for hate speech. In many cases, representatives from the company will see feedback and use it to improve their product. In the end, the goal is to enjoy riding and help each other go further and be safer.

Has anyone had an issue with their Jetson E-bike where the power repeatedly cuts out, requiring it to be shut off and back on again?

It sounds like the BMS on the battery is cutting out power because some of the cells are going below the low voltage cutoff.

Jetson uses poor quality li-ion cells and has the BMS set with a Low Voltage cutoff that depletes the cells too much if you run the battery dead. After several cycles your cells will be toast and the BMS will cutoff power.

I would burrow a friend's battery and see if it works ok.

I have a jetson bolt and The power completely cuts out when I turn the throttle and when I let go the power comes back on. Any helpful suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much

I have a jetson bolt and The power completely cuts out when I turn the throttle and when I let go the power comes back on. Any helpful suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much
From your description it sounds like a tired old battery with voltage sag. More information is needed for any real help. How old is the battery? Miles? Charge cycles, if you know? What kind of battery pack? Jetson has scooters with SLA and others with lithium ion. Have you checked the voltage after charging and after use with a multimeter?

As you can see there aren't a lot of posters on the Jetson forum, but there are many knowledgeable people here that might be able to help.

From your description it sounds like a tired old battery with voltage sag. More information is needed for any real help. How old is the battery? Miles? Charge cycles, if you know? What kind of battery pack? Jetson has scooters with SLA and others with lithium ion. Have you checked the voltage after charging and after use with a multimeter?

As you can see there aren't a lot of posters on the Jetson forum, but there are many knowledgeable people here that might be able to help.
Thanks for your reply! To answer your questions, i bought the bike in December from Costco for my son who weighs about 60lbs. Im not sure what kind of battery pack comes with the jetson bolt but it definitely has less than 100 miles on it and less than 50 charge cycles. My wife thinks it stopped working after one of her cousins rode it and is like 250lbs. I did contact jetson about this as it is under warranty but they wont fix ut because they said it is throttle problem and its exterior issue which does not make sense to me because the battery is fully charged on the display and i turn on the light so when throttle it everything shuts off and battery goes to zero with a line across it. When i let go light turns back on and battery meter us full. This leads me to believe That its an electrical issue. I hope this is enough info to helo with my problem. Thnaks for the help!

I have similar issue, purchased from Costco, i contacted Jetson, had not even registered my Bolt, only est 40 miles but they wont fix it as i had dropped the bike to the side . I only had battery meter on display looked at different posts and decided to fix myself as the process of replacing bike in lockdown was zero - i dismantled the throttle and a couple of small wires had come away so i refitted the wires, very tricky, sat on Bolt powered up lights on then all off in 10 seconds apart from the battery meter so i decided to solder the throttle wire fitting to make stronger bad idea i have junked it to my level of DIY - the way that these wires are fixed inside the Bolt throttle are not hardy - handle bar to floor 3ft fall - i multi metered the battery first all good correct voltage so now i have a Bolt that i have to sell for parts - very disappointed - my thoughts on your issue - you have lights as this is a different cable so battery ok, whilst i had throttle off i pulled cable and there was a small kink - this was another fix theory, i did have that short hallelujah moment with my fix but be warned very fiddly to take apart and possible due to heavy hand on throttle even though the throttle spring is quite strong could have pulled out the small wires or the bike came away and fell to ground you may have same issue as i had - good luck

So I have a Jetson Bolt Pro and the throttle doesn't work. It goes all the way around and it clicks. I would like to try to fix it before I have to buy a new one.

My new Jetson Adventure, my first E-bike, was delivered a couple days ago. I can’t get the assist to work. When I hold in the -button for 3-5 seconds the bicycle icon appears on the screen for just a second then disappears. When stationary, you can feel the motor kick in, again for just a second then nothing. The instruction booklet is woefully inadequate and the customer chat also led me nowhere. Am I doing something wrong?

Back