Known Issues & Problems with Hi-Power Cycles Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

Ann M.

No ebike is perfect, this is a thread dedicated to sharing known issues or problems with electric bikes and kits from Hi-Power Cycles as well as any help and solutions you know of. Sometimes that means a DIY fix and other times it can mean a recall, software update or part replacement by a dealer.

Please be respectful and constructive with feedback, this is not a space for hate speech. In many cases, representatives from the company will see feedback and use it to improve their product. In the end, the goal is to enjoy riding and help each other go further and be safer.

My Revolution 6.0 shows full charge yet does not turn on. The display powers on briefly, flickers and turns off when the key is turned to On. This is the second time this has happened in 1 year of ownership.

No ebike is perfect, this is a thread dedicated to sharing known issues or problems with electric bikes and kits from Hi-Power Cycles as well as any help and solutions you know of. Sometimes that means a DIY fix and other times it can mean a recall, software update or part replacement by a dealer.

Please be respectful and constructive with feedback, this is not a space for hate speech. In many cases, representatives from the company will see feedback and use it to improve their product. In the end, the goal is to enjoy riding and help each other go further and be safer.
My Revolution 6.0 shows full charge yet does not turn on. The display powers on briefly, flickers and turns off when the key is turned to On. This is the second time this has happened in 1 year of ownership.
Sounds like a battery problem to me. Could be a defective cell or defective BMS.

Greetings, EBR! Hope you had a terrific Thanksgiving, well, if you're into that. :) So there's not much info on this company and product. My neighbor has one - it's powerful! They look to be boutique. NP. Any thoughts from the forum on investing in their product? Many thanks!

I bought one of Hi-Power Cycles Revolution bikes in April 2018. It was a used 2017 model with 6kW hub motor. I am riding it a lot, it is my daily commute. The price was very high, probably too high for an average cyclist, but you get what you pay for. I consider it the Ferrari (or better the TESLA) of E-bikes. High power, high speed, high range, highest quality components, great service, built in USA. That said, I already had several issues (defective charger, defective controller, broken rim on rear wheel, and a couple other smaller things). But everything was addressed professionally by Hi-Power Cycles, they did stand up to their warranty where it applied. I am very happy with the bike.

Back