Known Issues & Problems with Big Cat Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

Ann M.

No ebike is perfect, this is a thread dedicated to sharing known issues or problems with electric bikes from Big Cat as well as any help and solutions you know of. Sometimes that means a DIY fix and other times it can mean a recall, software update or part replacement by a dealer.

Please be respectful and constructive with feedback, this is not a space for hate speech. In many cases, representatives from the company will see feedback and use it to improve their product. In the end, the goal is to enjoy riding and help each other go further and be safer.

We bought a used Big Cat Beach cruiser for my wife. First time we rode it the power quit after .3 miles, power stopped. I paddled home and switched to x-Treme e-bike which I have been riding with no problems and continued my trip. When I called the local bike shop that deals Big Cat he immediately said the battery would have to be replaced because the modular is bad. That battery was fully charged but when the modular is bad the whole thing has to be replaced. Cost $475. I could have bought a new one for $200 more than original price + new battery. Don't buy a used Big Cat bike.

Back