Known Issues & Problems with Benelli Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

Ann M.

No ebike is perfect, this is a thread dedicated to sharing known issues or problems with electric bikes from Benelli as well as any help and solutions you know of. Sometimes that means a DIY fix and other times it can mean a recall, software update or part replacement by a dealer.

Please be respectful and constructive with feedback, this is not a space for hate speech. In many cases, representatives from the company will see feedback and use it to improve their product. In the end, the goal is to enjoy riding and help each other go further and be safer.

I bought a Classica from Costco for my wife and it came with a mph display. I got in touch with them and they contacted the Canadian distributor to have a replacement display. It came in yesterday. It was fairly easy to replace the unit. The cable runs into the battery compartment so once the battery is off, you need to unscrew the right cover that exposes all the wiring. It's fairly tight to remove the large quick connect wire. You need to identify three smaller wires with masking tape and number them 1 to 3. Remove them one by one and the rubber hole cover so you have enough room to remove the one your replacing. Set screws are used to attache the handle and the display unit so this is simple. The only problem I ran into was to remove the bar end plug. It broke off so I will need to get a replacement. Works fine. I enjoy taking her bike for a spin on occasion and am very impressed with how easy it is to operate. The shifting is also very smooth.

I bought a Classica from Costco for my wife and it came with a mph display. I got in touch with them and they contacted the Canadian distributor to have a replacement display. It came in yesterday. It was fairly easy to replace the unit. The cable runs into the battery compartment so once the battery is off, you need to unscrew the right cover that exposes all the wiring. It's fairly tight to remove the large quick connect wire. You need to identify three smaller wires with masking tape and number them 1 to 3. Remove them one by one and the rubber hole cover so you have enough room to remove the one your replacing. Set screws are used to attache the handle and the display unit so this is simple. The only problem I ran into was to remove the bar end plug. It broke off so I will need to get a replacement. Works fine. I enjoy taking her bike for a spin on occasion and am very impressed with how easy it is to operate. The shifting is also very smooth.
How do you feel now after buying it 4 month?

Just love it. She has used it more lately because of tunnel carpien surgeries to both hands she had early this spring. Sometimes I wished I bought an e-bike also. She is 5'2" and the seat has to go to it's lowest position for her. The 26" model (not available at the time at Costco) would have been a better fit. She's getting used to it and as I mentionned before in my previous post, I love taking it for a 4km trip to the grocery store. We have done several 20 to 30 km trips on mostly flat paths and the charge level is always practically full. The front break is the weak link but not a big issue. The Shimano Nexus (8 speed hub) is excellent. Great looking and well built. Wish they would have provided the lugs for a water bottle, however I found a clamp on bottle cage that fits perfectly under the seat.

Just love it. She has used it more lately because of tunnel carpien surgeries to both hands she had early this spring. Sometimes I wished I bought an e-bike also. She is 5'2" and the seat has to go to it's lowest position for her. The 26" model (not available at the time at Costco) would have been a better fit. She's getting used to it and as I mentionned before in my previous post, I love taking it for a 4km trip to the grocery store. We have done several 20 to 30 km trips on mostly flat paths and the charge level is always practically full. The front break is the weak link but not a big issue. The Shimano Nexus (8 speed hub) is excellent. Great looking and well built. Wish they would have provided the lugs for a water bottle, however I found a clamp on bottle cage that fits perfectly under the seat.
Can you tell me how to turn on the headlight? The manual says to rotate the left to the end, but it doesn't work.

the left shift handle, when you twist down for a couple of seconds will turn on the display for low light or night time. In our case, there was a plastic tab on the headlight that you needed to remove by pulling on it. This is so the batteries inside the headlight have contact. The top black button on the headlight will turn on or off. Same goes for the taillight.

the left shift handle, when you twist down for a couple of seconds will turn on the display for low light or night time. In our case, there was a plastic tab on the headlight that you needed to remove by pulling on it. This is so the batteries inside the headlight have contact. The top black button on the headlight will turn on or off. Same goes for the taillight.
Thanks. It works now

I bought my husband a Benelli Classica, and he has enjoyed it for about 3300 miles. Now, however, the front motor is making a lot of noise, and is not engaging.

Benelli does not have a telephone number, and no one has answered my email. It looks like we will be putting a new motor on this - or giving it away. Has anyone put a new motor on a Benelli Classica?

I bought my husband a Benelli Classica, and he has enjoyed it for about 3300 miles. Now, however, the front motor is making a lot of noise, and is not engaging.

Benelli does not have a telephone number, and no one has answered my email. It looks like we will be putting a new motor on this - or giving it away. Has anyone put a new motor on a Benelli Classica?
For e-bike matters, Benelli is hard to get a hold off as they don't push their bikes in the US market much anymore. They still do import their motorcycles into the USA under their parent company SSR. Perhaps you can try to contact them and see if they can point you in the right direction.

13220 Molette St, Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
(562) 926-2888

Hi. I need a new charger for the Benelli Classica. I have ordered six so far from Amazon that meet the specs, but the plug itself is too large for the battery. No answer from Benelli's email or phone message. Any ideas?

Perhaps try Benelli Canada. The lights seem to be on there because the website seems current and stock levels and such.
Worth a shot.

Thanks. We tried them. They did not answer our email or phone message. They also don’t seem to sell the charger separately.

Sorry to hear. You might be out of luck. Benelli is one of those legacy Italian brands that is no longer Italian. The name is being licensed to a Chinese motorcycle manufacturer for motorcycles, but who knows what company/country has the licensed deal to market the e-bikes. It's the ongoing problem with all the many many overseas e-bikes that are being sold with limited post-sales support.

Sorry to hear. You might be out of luck. Benelli is one of those legacy Italian brands that is no longer Italian. The name is being licensed to a Chinese motorcycle manufacturer for motorcycles, but who knows what company/country has the licensed deal to market the e-bikes. It's the ongoing problem with all the many many overseas e-bikes that are being sold with limited post-sales support.
Yeah I know. I was hoping this forum might lead to something

Back