FlyKly Finally Shipping with $1100 Price

George S.

Not sure where they started, on the price, but it was way below this level. It's been a long road for these guys, and maybe the design will prove itself. The gripe might be that GenZe is selling a complete bike for a bit more, and the value bikes seem to be showing up more. I think having some speeds to help the human power element is a lot better way to go than one speed drivetrains, but they might be able to work that out. Not a huge fan of buying off KS.

Hi George, thanks for the update on FlyKly shipping and price! I believe the Kickstarter levels are listed here and they went from $550 up to $700 originally (and included a smart light). I remember Nico saying something about $800 MSRP and that's what I've listed on the review. Maybe they are raising it due to high demand or increased cost of parts?

Hi Court,

Probably all the costs getting the thing developed. Burn through tons of money and then try to get it back. They list a three month wait, now, with no details of what might be going out the door. I noticed Evelo has a wheel now. It's a front wheel, so the gears aren't affected. Takes up the whole inside of the wheel. That was on Pete's site, I think. It is rather heavy. And Copenhagen has drifted to a Spring delivery.

http://electricbikereport.com/evelo-omni-wheel/

The funny part is, IF, big if, they could ever get these things to work, they should be easier to manufacture in high volumes. No other design considerations. Bring Your Own Bike. We sell wheels. It's never going to be a Haibike, but the real revolution would be simple, super efficient electric bikes, and this concept still has potential. But you are reviewing bikes that now cost about what these wheels cost.

Hi Court,

Probably all the costs getting the thing developed. Burn through tons of money and then try to get it back. They list a three month wait, now, with no details of what might be going out the door. I noticed Evelo has a wheel now. It's a front wheel, so the gears aren't affected. Takes up the whole inside of the wheel. That was on Pete's site, I think. It is rather heavy. And Copenhagen has drifted to a Spring delivery.

http://electricbikereport.com/evelo-omni-wheel/

The funny part is, IF, big if, they could ever get these things to work, they should be easier to manufacture in high volumes. No other design considerations. Bring Your Own Bike. We sell wheels. It's never going to be a Haibike, but the real revolution would be simple, super efficient electric bikes, and this concept still has potential. But you are reviewing bikes that now cost about what these wheels cost.

Agreed. These have been disappointing to date, but IF they get them resolved I think this has the potential to be a "game changer" for just what you said. The simplest solution and able to used on ANY bike basically. Even with less range than other setups, that could change things in a big way.

I follow them on Facebook. They seem very upbeat, and their appeal is something very casual, playful.

Back