Riding My Stealth Bomber

biknut

I made this video 10 months ago, and at that time the bike was only about a month old. Now I have over 4000 miles on it, and it's proven to be very reliable. The only failure I've had was a swing arm bearing that went bad after a few months. I was easily able to repair it myself, and was able to source the bearing from a local bearing house for $16. Besides that, this bike has been dependable as a rock.

Maintenance is limited to lubing the pedal chain, and checking the air in the tires. Once a year you need to add grease to the Vboxx transmission which just involves removing 4 access screws and squirting grease into the ports.

I've added a LED head and tail that's hard wired to the bikes battery, and recently I added fenders that are made by Planet Bike. The seat is stolen off one of my beach cruisers.

This bike rides silently like a magic carpet. The pedal transmission has 9 gears, and I can pedal comfortably up to 35 mph. The bike is so silent that if I'm pedaling, I've had bicyclers ask me on bicycle rides when I use the motor. It's a surprise when I tell them I've been using it the whole time.

I do love this bike, and can honestly say, it's a great bike that's very well made, and should last for many years. It's easy to work on, and most of the parts can be sourced from outside suppliers, unlike most other factory eBikes.

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Last edited:
@biknut I'm curious what it is like to ride the 200 watt mode, and can you program the CA to provide something in between 200 w & 4.5 Kw? (Quite a gap). I'm trying to picture riding on the streets without obviously going too fast, comfortably spinning 35, what mode or power setting? And what about the fuzz man, are you getting double takes or somehow blending in? -S

EDIT: Think I found the answer, small extract:
What makes the B-52 particularly appealing, says Ricc, is that inside the 250 to 1500 Watt range, it offers the perfect fusion of pedal-power and electrical assistance, finely balancing his desire for a cardiovascular workout with a New World edge. Beyond 1500 Watts, he says, the B-52 becomes a motor bike with a difference, crossing into the realm of “the immensely powerful – almost too powerful”, where the thrills are unparalleled.

Last edited:
@biknut I'm curious what it is like to ride the 200 watt mode, and can you program the CA to provide something in between 200 w & 4.5 Kw? (Quite a gap). I'm trying to picture riding on the streets without obviously going too fast, comfortably spinning 35, what mode or power setting? And what about the fuzz man, are you getting double takes or somehow blending in? -S

EDIT: Think I found the answer, small extract:
What makes the B-52 particularly appealing, says Ricc, is that inside the 250 to 1500 Watt range, it offers the perfect fusion of pedal-power and electrical assistance, finely balancing his desire for a cardiovascular workout with a New World edge. Beyond 1500 Watts, he says, the B-52 becomes a motor bike with a difference, crossing into the realm of “the immensely powerful – almost too powerful”, where the thrills are unparalleled.

The Bombers sent to America are limited to 750w/20 mph. Unlimited it's 4500w, and no limit on the speed. In real world 4500w is peak. Realistically about 4200-4300 is max sustained. Statements like, “the immensely powerful – almost too powerful”, are a laugh when you consider we're only talking about 6 lousy stinkin hp.

You can program the CA as you please for two different settings, of anything you like. I put a switch on the limiter wire so I can toggle between the two settings, but I've never made any adjustments to the stock settings. It I did make any changes, I would leave the 750w max, but remove the 20 mph limit. Right now it limits if it hits 750w, and then when it gets to 20 mph it limits even if it's below 750w. As it is I've been able to pedal it to about 28 on the limiter, but it takes me a while to get in the groove to be able to do it, and conditions have to be perfect. It's actually a pretty good peddler as long as it's not uphill. People like to claim you can't pedal it, but that's not true at all.

Before buying the Bomber I already had a lot of experience riding fast motor bicycles on the streets. All my gas bicycles go 40 mph. In 4 years riding them on the streets I've never had one problem with any of them. I get the feeling if I was on fire, no cop would even look at me. If they're not concerned about a loud, stinky, smoke belching 2 stroke, I was pretty sure they weren't going to care about a silent running eBike, and that's proven to be the case. I've ridden my Bomber in 7 different locality's around Dallas, and no one has shown the slightest interest, even at 40+. Of course keep in mind, I'm never going faster than the posted speed limit on any street, and I think that's what the police are mainly concerned about. In Texas if you're not breaking the posted speed limit they don't give a rats ass., and that's true statewide. Technically it may not be following the letter of the law, but as long as you're not doing anything stupid, they have better things to worry about.

Personally I think the cops are happy to see a bicycle that's keeping up with traffic, instead of being a rolling roadblock nuisance.

Just placed my order for a stealth bomber in white. The wait is going to be tough!

I'm in Houston, so glad to hear your Texas exp is a good one.

The Bombers sent to America are limited to 750w/20 mph. Unlimited it's 4500w, and no limit on the speed. In real world 4500w is peak. Realistically about 4200-4300 is max sustained. Statements like, “the immensely powerful – almost too powerful”, are a laugh when you consider we're only talking about 6 lousy stinkin hp.

You can program the CA as you please for two different settings, of anything you like. I put a switch on the limiter wire so I can toggle between the two settings, but I've never made any adjustments to the stock settings. It I did make any changes, I would leave the 750w max, but remove the 20 mph limit. Right now it limits if it hits 750w, and then when it gets to 20 mph it limits even if it's below 750w. As it is I've been able to pedal it to about 28 on the limiter, but it takes me a while to get in the groove to be able to do it, and conditions have to be perfect. It's actually a pretty good peddler as long as it's not uphill. People like to claim you can't pedal it, but that's not true at all.

Before buying the Bomber I already had a lot of experience riding fast motor bicycles on the streets. All my gas bicycles go 40 mph. In 4 years riding them on the streets I've never had one problem with any of them. I get the feeling if I was on fire, no cop would even look at me. If they're not concerned about a loud, stinky, smoke belching 2 stroke, I was pretty sure they weren't going to care about a silent running eBike, and that's proven to be the case. I've ridden my Bomber in 7 different locality's around Dallas, and no one has shown the slightest interest, even at 40+. Of course keep in mind, I'm never going faster than the posted speed limit on any street, and I think that's what the police are mainly concerned about. In Texas if you're not breaking the posted speed limit they don't give a rats ass., and that's true statewide. Technically it may not be following the letter of the law, but as long as you're not doing anything stupid, they have better things to worry about.

Personally I think the cops are happy to see a bicycle that's keeping up with traffic, instead of being a rolling roadblock nuisance.
I enjoyed your post. What kind of a helmet do you ride with?? I like your fenders, more stealthy looking than my Mountain bike fenders.

I made this video 10 months ago, and at that time the bike was only about a month old. Now I have over 4000 miles on it, and it's proven to be very reliable. The only failure I've had was a swing arm bearing that went bad after a few months. I was easily able to repair it myself, and was able to source the bearing from a local bearing house for $16. Besides that, this bike has been dependable as a rock.

Maintenance is limited to lubing the pedal chain, and checking the air in the tires. Once a year you need to add grease to the Vboxx transmission which just involves removing 4 access screws and squirting grease into the ports.

I've added a LED head and tail that's hard wired to the bikes battery, and recently I added fenders that are made by Planet Bike. The seat is stolen off one of my beach cruisers.

This bike rides silently like a magic carpet. The pedal transmission has 9 gears, and I can pedal comfortably up to 35 mph. The bike is so silent that if I'm pedaling, I've had bicyclers ask me on bicycle rides when I use the motor. It's a surprise when I tell them I've been using it the whole time.

I do love this bike, and can honestly say, it's a great bike that's very well made, and should last for many years. It's easy to work on, and most of the parts can be sourced from outside suppliers, unlike most other factory eBikes.

Have you ridden the bike in the rain and encountered any problems? Thank you for your feedback.

Have you ridden the bike in the rain and encountered any problems? Thank you for your feedback.

Back