Felt Dual E Discontinued?

They will be introducing another FS eMTB next year. Felt is sold out, but we still have one 20" left. It's a great bike and one of the lightest full suspension bikes available.

Is the dual-e a discontinued model? Is Felt replacing it with another full suspension bike?

If you are looking for a Full Suspension eMTB below 40lbs, you should take a look at this.
Clocking in at 39lbs, it's the lightest eMTB and looks amazing. Full Seven Carbon Ultimate.
The Haibike rep brought it in for a few days... amazing looking bike.
Full Seven Carbon Ultimate.JPG

There is another version of it called, Full Seven Carbon Pro, which is much less expensive but you'll lose the carbon wheels.

Bet they aren't giving those away:eek:

As interesting as it would be to try one of those, with e bikes I am less concerned about weight I guess than durable components that supports the extra weight and enough power on tap to move it along to my satisfaction. Which is not over the top btw but I do enjoy a little cruising against headwinds doing 28 mph once in awhileo_O

I have to say though that although I am sure it works, or they wouldn't have it set up that way and I can see the reason why as it helps accommodate for chain growth and missing the chainstay, but that idler to chainwheel setup is something I definitely am not interested in. The engagement of the chainring is only about 6t and the idler even less and that just seems like it might cause driveline issues in the long run especially with the amount of nm of torque the motor is capable of.

Bet they aren't giving those away:eek:

As interesting as it would be to try one of those, with e bikes I am less concerned about weight I guess than durable components that supports the extra weight and enough power on tap to move it along to my satisfaction. Which is not over the top btw but I do enjoy a little cruising against headwinds doing 28 mph once in awhileo_O

I have to say though that although I am sure it works, or they wouldn't have it set up that way and I can see the reason why as it helps accommodate for chain growth and missing the chainstay, but that idler to chainwheel setup is something I definitely am not interested in. The engagement of the chainring is only about 6t and the idler even less and that just seems like it might cause driveline issues in the long run especially with the amount of nm of torque the motor is capable of.

I was under this impression for a long time.
Currently, I ride a Stromer ST2 (62lbs) and a Haibike Super Race (40lbs).
The difference is quite stark.

Cognitively, it wouldn't make much sense for an E-bike but in reality, it makes a lot of difference. I always pick the Super Race when I'm traveling within the city. The agility is very very noticeable.

In terms of physics:

If you're holding a heavy spoon at one end and gently shake it up n down, based on the moment arm, you can notice the weight. Similarly, a heavy wheel will induce similar moment at the handlebar. This is also the main reason, you want to reduce unsprung weight for mountain bikes.
Also, the SES = sprocket equalizing system really keeps the chain in fixed line and prevents slippage. Also, it helps in bringing the rear wheel closer to the seat tube. One of the reasons, eMTB's have a shorter wheelbase is just for this reason. In one word "Better handling"...
The bike applies anywhere from 30Nm to 70Nm (motor only). A capable road biker can put out 80Nm to 120Nm in short bursts.

Drivetrain problems become pronounced in systems like BBS-HD and it is minimal on systems like Bosch or Brose.

If you are looking for a Full Suspension eMTB below 40lbs, you should take a look at this.
Clocking in at 39lbs, it's the lightest eMTB and looks amazing. Full Seven Carbon Ultimate.
The Haibike rep brought it in for a few days... amazing looking bike.
View attachment 12301
There is another version of it called, Full Seven Carbon Pro, which is much less expensive but you'll lose the carbon wheels.
This is one sweet looking bike! Just think the price tag on these is so high compared to the non-carbon models. Not sure 18-20 pound difference is worth almost double the price(last I checked the 2016 were about 15-16k? Question is, can one order the rims on this bike and install on non carbon heavier ebike?(I have a 2016 All Mountain Pro)

This is one sweet looking bike! Just think the price tag on these is so high compared to the non-carbon models. Not sure 18-20 pound difference is worth almost double the price(last I checked the 2016 were about 15-16k? Question is, can one order the rims on this bike and install on non carbon heavier ebike?(I have a 2016 All Mountain Pro)

I'll see if we can get you just the wheels.
Just FYI.
We have a factory demo bike[ full seven carbon ultimate]. It has less than 10 miles on it. yes, it comes with the Mag wheels and electronic shifting [XTR Di2].
Taking wheels off of that bike would render it non-saleable.

Are you seriously looking to get those wheels or just curious?

The company that makes these wheels is not setup to do business in the US. It's really that they don't have insurance in the US and it's quite expensive. They will probably enter the US eventually, but for now the only way you can get them is by trying to get a retailer outside of the US to ship to you.

The company that makes the wheels is Bike Ahead Composites: http://bike-ahead-composites.de/en/

I'll see if we can get you just the wheels.
Just FYI.
We have a factory demo bike[ full seven carbon ultimate]. It has less than 10 miles on it. yes, it comes with the Mag wheels and electronic shifting [XTR Di2].
Taking wheels off of that bike would render it non-saleable.

Are you seriously looking to get those wheels or just curious?
Well, the wheels look awesome and if they were easily available, the cost is right, I would be interested. However, I assume these are not inexpensive rims? From additional response below, looks like not an option to ship to US

Well, the wheels look awesome and if they were easily available, the cost is right, I would be interested. However, I assume these are not inexpensive rims? From additional response below, looks like not an option to ship to US

Instead of paying $3000 for just the wheels, trade-in your All Mtn Pro, pay few grand more and get this Full Carbon Ultimate....

Back