Recent content by indianajo

  1. indianajo

    Public comments while I ride.

    A policeman stopped me once for "running a stop sign" on US31 near Sellersburg. I pointed out that the light was green. Had been installed that year. Some people don't use their eyes.
  2. indianajo

    Internet provider whoes....

    I use AT&T. expensive, but worth it IMHO. I tried Spectrum, and the first day at 5AM they were stripping all the pictures off bbcnews.com , diyaudio.com , and electricbikereview.com . That has to be a computer somewhere, that is assuming that no customers are going to be using the internet at...
  3. indianajo

    What Size E-Bike Should I Buy? A Complete Fit Guide

    There are zero 24-26" bikes or ebikes in stock for a rider with 29"leg inseam. Except the pink one with rim brakes, 7 speed shifter, Holly Hobbie logo on the seat. This is a tiny metro of only 2,000,000. I ordered the Yuba bodaboda 2017 from California, based on the measurements. It did fit me...
  4. indianajo

    What Size E-Bike Should I Buy? A Complete Fit Guide

    This, and every bike salesman, assumes short people don't need their tongues anymore. 20" wheels cause much more shock through a pothole than 26". There are bike frames like my yuba bodaboda that allow short people like me to ride 26" wheels, but they are rare. When it is raining, it just...
  5. indianajo

    Modified Yamaha motor not spin the motor with your feet unpowered?

    To answer the question, does the momentum+yamaha motor spin the armature with your feet unpowered? The answer is no. With the new security chain (abus 1/2"x10' wrapped, grainger.com $390) I took PakYak outside today and locked it to a stepladder and a 8.25x14" tire. I put the pedals on and sat...
  6. indianajo

    Modified Yamaha motor not spin the motor with your feet unpowered?

    PakYak arrived 9/11. Unpacked. Seat it totally unacceptable to men over 65. No padding. Bolt holding seat on is 5 mm, but socket is too shallow to actually allow bolt removal. Seat clamp is weird. Seat post is .960" diameter then increases to 1.215" with no bolt or clamp at transistion...
  7. indianajo

    Commuter Bike Setup

    I had 19" x 19" x 8" panniers from yubabike until last month. They were stolen with the bike four weeks ago. (Man door to garage, the Abus hasp was cut off with a grinder). Yuba panniers had a plastic bar on the back, that I tied to the yuba rack with baling twine. Nobody ever figured out...
  8. indianajo

    Breaking rear spokes on gun drive

    DTswiss and Sapim make spokes of real steel, not melted auto scrap with lead, tin, copper in it. I have 12000 miles on the IGH wheel I built with DTswiss spokes. The donor rim came from a $120 mountain bike I scrapped. DTswiss does not sell fat spokes for ebike hub motor wheels. Even tension...
  9. indianajo

    Modified Yamaha motor not spin the motor with your feet unpowered?

    I am an amateur musician whose major hobby is listening to media. I also perform weekly as a church pianist and vocal soloist. Due to earplug use, my hearing at age 76 is still good to 14000 hz. A loud motor between my legs could destroy my hi. freq. hearing in a week. Those 15" tire gas...
  10. indianajo

    Modified Yamaha motor not spin the motor with your feet unpowered?

    The Yuba bodaboda with the 350 w front hub motor & 17.5 AH was stolen 2 weeks ago. Perp smashed the wood door with a hammer, then when they found the angle iron frame bolted down the back, they cut the hasp off the door with a grinder. Abus hasp, not a toy. Police have the serial # and a color...
  11. indianajo

    Modified Yamaha motor not spin the motor with your feet unpowered?

    There is a used PakYak in Brooklynn with 17 miles. I'd like to buy it, if it is suitable for my 30 mile commute. I have seen that the Yamaha motor on Yamaha bikes was one that you did not spin the motor with your feet when riding unpowered. Does the modified Yamaha motor on the Momentum...
  12. indianajo

    New 9 Speed Internally Geared Hub with 554 Gear Range

    Wow!. I missed this thread and product. I need one. I bought a Sturmey Archer S-80 IGH May 2017. With no underspeeds it was useless without a 42 tooth rear sprocket which was not for sale. Only 18 tooth. When I did not own a car that got > 5mph; carrying 60 lb groceries up 15% grades...
  13. indianajo

    The transition

    2 problems with disconnecting from the electrical grid. 1. I live in a county where it rains 220 days a year. Solar does not pay off. 2. Theft. I live 7 months in a flood risk city with full services. I live 5 months in a rural zone 20 miles from ozone, which makes me cough. There is no food...
  14. indianajo

    Lock Recommendations?

    I use this 1/2"x6' stainless steel sling https://www.mcmaster.com/8942T831/ through the frame wrapped around a mains power pole, a live electrical conduit, or a live pipe to a gas meter. $83 plus freight from cleveland. Stainless steel is a PITB to cut with a grinder, it won't turn orange and...
  15. indianajo

    The transition

    I saw 2 Rivian pickups this week, on US 40 ALT between Frostburg & Cumberland MD. They looked like a roller skate with the foot out. 4 people doors, a 4' bed. Totally NOT the pickup I need for home projects and no grandchildren. I have 8' bed and single seat F150. Excess possessions ride in...
Back