My new bike: 2020 Cube Kathmandu Hybrid Pro 625

Adriano,
You got me interested in Kathmandu e-bikes (I need to recommend one to a friend). I have been shopping in German online stores. It turns out new, attractive models need to be manufactured yet. The promised date of availability ranges from December 2020 to May 2021. I believe this is the fact for Italy as well. If there are any models left in Italia, these are probably not worth of the purchase; the market is ravaged.

If you don't plan riding in the Winter, either talk with your Local Bicycle Store and pre-order a new, exciting model, or actively shop in Italian online stores. I recommend waiting.

No opinion on Cannondale. Is it a 2021 model? I got attracted to Cube Kathmandu and will certainly recommend it to the friend.

There are some nice Cube Trekking models named Touring Hybrid. They use the better fitted for trekking/touring Performance engine and not the CX.
I have ordered one (EXC 625) and its already on its way from Germany to me. Check these models too. I think the fact that they dont use the CX engine is a great benefit for this category of bikes.
Less noise, smoother drive, less wear, etc.

There are some nice Cube Trekking models named Touring Hybrid. They use the better fitted for trekking/touring Performance engine and not the CX.
I have ordered one (EXC 625) and its already on its way from Germany to me. Check these models too. I think the fact that they dont use the CX engine is a great benefit for this category of bikes.
Less noise, smoother drive, less wear, etc.
Hey, thanks a lot for your interesting reply. Could you tell if Cube Trekking models have an older engine? I think it isn't a 2020 engine but older, is it right?

Why are both are Hybrid Trekking but they have different engines and different frame? Are they for different routes?

The engine is a current one. The mid engine from Bosch. It belongs to Generation 3 and was first out in the market in 2019.
It is based on the Active Line Plus but it is stronger and punchier but in a good way. I have tried all 3 (Active Line Plus, Performance Line and CX) before deciding on my new and first eBike.

The Geometry of the Touring series is actually better for touring than the Kathmandu that is a bit closer to an MTB hardtail.

You can see all Bosch series here:

@Stefan Mikes: In Europe the Touring EXC 625 is actually cheaper than the Kathmandu Pro 625, but with better components as it has a full Deore 12 speed.

PS. I'm talking about the 2021 Touring EXC models as they are much improved in specs compared to 2020.

Last edited:
@skritikos: I was considering this version for my lady friend:

Available from Week 3, 2021, with extra 4 weeks of waiting for delivery. As I said before, new, exciting models are under manufacturing now.

Hey, I need to ask some questions:
1) I was surprised that the Touring EXC 625 weighs over 1 kg more than Kathmandu Pro model.
2) I like spint, therefore I think CX engine can gime me more satisfaction.
3) I still don't understand why an e-bike is called Turing and the other Kathmandu. Maybe Kathmandu model is suited more fot the mountains and steep paths instead does the Touring perform better on the road? Is it more confortable?
4) Am I wrong, or does the Touring EXC 625 has a gray color, therefore lighter than Kathmandu?
5) In Italy the Touring EXC 625 has the same price of Kathmandu Hybrid Pro 625.

Out of curiosity: why do you like lore Cube instead of Cannondale Tesoro Neo X 2?
Thank you for your reply!

@skritikos: I was considering this version for my lady friend:

Available from Week 3, 2021, with extra 4 weeks of waiting for delivery. As I said before, new, exciting models are under manufacturing now.
Cube has a strange way to handle orders for manufacturing. Mine is already on its way. It will be here in a couple of days.
There are european shops with stock right now!

There are european shops with stock right now!
Very hard to buy anything in Poland, with a single authorised Cube e-bike dealer here :) If I were to buy a Cube for myself, I would have taken some risk. I cannot take any risk with my friend's money :) How's Greece today?

Hey, I need to ask some questions:
1) I was surprised that the Touring EXC 625 weighs over 1 kg more than Kathmandu Pro model.
2) I like spint, therefore I think CX engine can gime me more satisfaction.
3) I still don't understand why an e-bike is called Turing and the other Kathmandu. Maybe Kathmandu model is suited more fot the mountains and steep paths instead does the Touring perform better on the road? Is it more confortable?
4) Am I wrong, or does the Touring EXC 625 has a gray color, therefore lighter than Kathmandu?
5) In Italy the Touring EXC 625 has the same price of Kathmandu Hybrid Pro 625.

Out of curiosity: why do you like lore Cube instead of Cannondale Tesoro Neo X 2?
Thank you for your reply!
1. what I've learned for the Cube dealer is that website indicating weights are totally off in the last years. Other times much higher, other times lower.
If this helps you, the full box with my 2021 EXC 625 in XL size (the bigger the make!) weights 24 kilos on DHL scale!

2. Performance Line motors are speedy enough for everything. I had extensively tested everything many times and for long time every time. The support speed limit in Europe is 25km/h and in many times I was actually riding over the limit without any crazy effort. Check the spec comparison on Bosch site that I've sent earlier.

3. Both lines are almost identical in the last years and Cube knows that. This is the reason the split the motor assignments on both this year again. The frame, the quality, the specs are the same and very high for each and every model. Actually the frame geometry of the Touring models is better suited to touring and long rides (almost 2cm longer seatstays! better angles, a bit shorter reach).

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with Cannondale except of:
  • Diamond frame only (need Step-Through or Low Step)
  • 2020 model only
  • 500 Wh battery
Cube e-bikes simply appeal to me.

Very hard to buy anything in Poland, with a single authorised Cube e-bike dealer here :) If I were to buy a Cube for myself, I would have taken some risk. I cannot take any risk with my friend's money :) How's Greece today?
We have one official importer too. That has no EXC 625 models on his preorder for 2021.
So I ordered from Germany from a well respected shop. Just 20 euros of shipping with DHL Freight service (6 days from Ger to Greece)

The model you have shown is made with the "diamond" frame (so called "male" frame).

My friend needs what Cube call Easy Entry (or, a low step) frame. That model is in the production but not made available in the market yet.

Same with several new, exciting new Cube models.

Please, please, please give me the name of that online store! Many thanks in advance!
All sizes in stock right now in Grey:

An XS and S in Red:

OK! So you say MHW are reliable and you trust them. That's all I wanted to know. Many thanks!

Back