YOWZA!!!

Cuz Vinny

C43B2F5A-E592-4D39-B714-0F647DE4EAA4.jpeg

I know I like orange and went crazy with it but this is NOT my bike. o_O

Definitely a unique color combo.

Don't know if you noticed, but it's clear coated too. Wonder if it's cerakote and a different clear, possibly ceramic.

You get this done at a regular paint shop or? I've never seen anything like it.
Any good bodyshop would certainly be able to do it, the question is would they have the will. There's a few extra steps required for the crystalisation which may put them off then the cost may be prohibitive, i think a full on custom respray, decals and a good ceramic clearcoat is going to be north of £1000, sounds a lot for a lick of paint but it's very labour-intensive; sanding, sanding, sanding, very little spraying takes place, it's measurable in minutes.

Where this makes sense is if you can DIY, i was a sprayer in my youth so knew how to use compressors and spray guns so i invest time and equipment into my paint jobs.

I'm making an Enduro Hydra.
With a pro taper handle bar.
Since WW are putting DVO suspension on my bike, not double crown. It is "set and forget "I like that feature on the shocks.
The black Chinese Hydra looks good though.
I was going to do a double crown fork on my bike originally but in my conversation with Pushkar I determined it’s overkill and not needed. Plus they are heavy and cost about twice as much as the Mattoc Pro that I have on my bike.

Okay!!!
I've asked Pushkar for 29s front and rear.
I will do a 100mile shake down trials on my favorite trails with what ever tyres my Hydra will roll out with from Wattwagons.
A 29X3.0 tire is rare. Most 29 inch tires are 29X2.6 at the widest. Schwalbe makes several tires in this size including the Johnny Watts.

Back