XP Lite and front fork suspension?

Two Sons

When I bought my XP 1.0 I replaced the front forks with suspension forks cause I have had a few back surgeries and didn't care for the pounding of my spine without the suspension forks.

I would LOVE the Lite for its light weight, except that it doesn't have suspension forks. Has anybody explored the possibility of installing suspension forks on the new Lite?

Based on the stock forks on my XP 2.0 (especially with the Suntour suspension sear post), I really appreciate the oil forks instead of air forks. YMMV.

Probably going to take the overall weight up a decent amount. It seems to me when we added front shocks to XP 1.0, there was some additional parts and steps involved. Personally, I would add a suspension seat post and call it a day...

Probably going to take the overall weight up a decent amount. It seems to me when we added front shocks to XP 1.0, there was some additional parts and steps involved. Personally, I would add a suspension seat post and call it a day...
I expect that it will increase the weight but there is a 20lb difference between the Lite and 2.0. The Suntour forks are slightly less than 4lbs. I think the remaining 16lb difference is still worth it.

I tried to get away with a suspension seat post on my 1.0 as well, only to follow that up with an aftermarket suspension fork.

Last edited:
I used to have a Rad Rover with a heavy suspension fork. I actually replaced the suspension fork with a solid fork. Having fat tires, I lowered the air pressure a bit and had no need for a heavier front suspension fork. The XP 1.0 appears to have 4 inch tires. Have you played around with lowering the tire pressure? It can really soften up the ride. I would also think that a front suspension will not relieve your spine as much as you think. Perhaps you should look at a saddle suspension post.

CD, I started out with a 1.0 and, ultimately, ended up, first, with a suspension post and then suspension forks.
I am now interested in a Lite because I'm tired of battling with the weight of the 2.0 I presently have, but I keep reliving nightmares of the spine-jarring impact of the 1.0 pre-mods. If I can mod the 1.0 to accept a front fork suspension, I would do that along with a suspension seat post.

Back