Xp 2.0 chain size?

Xp2.0_rider

Region
USA
I searched, and have seen 7 speed, and 8 speed sizes. I have also searched, and found 114/116/127 link chains that may or may not fit?

I know its a KMC, I have several in my amazon csrt but not sure which one it is. The search results I got were confusing.

Does anyone know for sure the xp 2.0 chain size?

I am planning a long bike trip in a few weeks. And would like to carry a spare chain incase grit/sand/sticks breaks it on my adventure.

Thank youm

Since it is a hub motor the bike will ride without the chain on throttle in the unlikely event that it breaks. Mid drive bikes do have chain issues but no worries with your hub motor. Hub motor ebike chains are the least stressed chains when compared to any other type of bicycle on the planet. 6/7/8/9 speed bikes all use the same size chain but each bike uses a different length. The XP comes with a 112 link chain. It works ok with a 116 link if you don't have a chain breaker tool.

Since it is a hub motor the bike will ride without the chain on throttle in the unlikely event that it breaks. Mid drive bikes do have chain issues but no worries with your hub motor. Hub motor ebike chains are the least stressed chains when compared to any other type of bicycle on the planet. 6/7/8/9 speed bikes all use the same size chain but each bike uses a different length. The XP comes with a 112 link chain. It works ok with a 116 link if you don't have a chain breaker tool.
I have chain breaker tool, but I thought the xp 2.0 chain sister break apart, I read that somewhere. That's why I asked, because I have the tool, and like 3 extra links.

I Hage a z7/8chain in my cart with 116 links, other was 114 links.

I know it works without pedal. But my worry is battery dies, and I need to peddle a mile or 2.

Dead battery and a broken chain on the same ride? Does bad luck follow you around? :( Carry the tool and some quick links. The tool so you can make sure there are inner links on both ends after the chain breaks, then connect with the quick links. Have to carry the tool either way and the quick links are way lighter and smaller to carry.

Dead battery and a broken chain on the same ride? Does bad luck follow you around? :( Carry the tool and some quick links. The tool so you can make sure there are inner links on both ends after the chain breaks, then connect with the quick links. Have to carry the tool either way and the quick links are way lighter and smaller to carry.
I've had bad luck before on things, carrying spare arts, and tools keeps it away lol. I actually want a front motor, but can't find a 20x3 front hub, only 20x4.

I have a full bag of tools, 2 spare tubes, slime, 2 batteries, chain tool, now ordering chain. Bike tool to prop it upside down for repairs, etc...

Sorry, no such thing as a 20x4 vs 20x3 hub. You're referring to tire sizes. You can fit both tires on the same wheel if the rim width falls within a certain range. I'm running 20 x 3.25 tires on my XP using OEM wheels. Here is a link for the quick links also known as missing links https://a.co/d/dqWfgn7

In my view, you don't need a spare chain for a hub bike, since the chain is never put under major stress. Just a couple of links and a small chainbreaker tool.

Do what you wish, but I really don't think you need to carry much stuff. Perhaps there is someone who packs a portable welding kit also for frame repairs, but he'll never need it.

To Each His Own, but here's what I have on my bike:
--FlatOut in each tube= very low risk of flats
--patch kit (just in case)
--bike multitool
--valve stem remover
--small vicegrips
--couple of tiewraps
--tiny CO2 fitting and two cartridges
--small tire pump.

By the way, I was pleased to note that the stock chain length on our XP 2.0st bikes was enough to accommodate a very-useful 11-34 freewheel swap (replacing the stock 14-28). Slight adjustment of the B screw was all that was needed.

Back