X1 upgrade first impressions

Dariusz

Hello everyone. So, I would like to share with you my experience with new Bafang Ultra Max motor with WattWagons controller. I own 2 years old All Terrain Fat Bike purchased from M2S Bikes. That was my first ebike and I loved it. After this past winter, I start having problems were torque sensor (everything points to that) it was cutting out my assist. At the same time, I was looking to get more power from my original motor. I stumble on some article about new controller that I can get from company Watt Wagons. Knowing that my motor needs fixing (is anybody know where to get spare parts? so far, no luck) I decided to buy new one with the 2000 W controller (and display with programing cable, still not ready dough) I took a few long rides and I LOVE IT ! At first it took a little to get used to but now I am glad I got the upgrade. I am using DPC18 display and I found the best setting is using assist 2 on Eco. Sport is too powerful for joy ride on the flat trails. I like some workout 😊 Additionally, efficiency got better, I drove 30 miles with 48V 16 Ah battery starting 53.5V finishing with 49V left (I am 220 Lb. and the bike is full of additional stuff, like extra battery in case) The trail was mostly flat, and I did not used the throttle. I cannot recall accurately what I used up on old motor but for sure was much more, that is why I carried extra battery. So far, the only complain I have is that my front light is not working with this controller. I hope to get the programming cable soon, I am curious what type of adjustment I will be able to do. For sure I will look for adjusting torque settings governing level of assistance. Needs more fine tuning in my case. I hope this option will be available. Also, in the future I would like to replace the battery with 52 V. So, if you have an extra dough it is wort it, motor is more powerful and efficient. Thanks Watt Wagons!
B1B295FD-0BC6-47B2-A549-B64134595DE9.jpeg

Also, in the future I would like to replace the battery with 52 V
Any reason why? Seems people want 52V for more power but if you have a 2300W controller what's the point? I find 1500W peak more than enough. Can't you just bump PAS if you need more power?

Well, you right but good you asked why. I like to tinker with things and modify it even if it is not necessary just because it is fun. My second bike has 2 motors, rear hub 1000 W and BBSHD mid motor with Luna ridiculous controller and it is blast. Although I still want to change cheap Chinese 15 A controller to Phaserunner just to push hub motor little further
F37B39E5-C52E-4433-BED2-696963F1013B.jpeg

Well, you right but good you asked why. I like to tinker with things and modify it even if it is not necessary just because it is fun. My second bike has 2 motors, rear hub 1000 W and BBSHD mid motor with Luna ridiculous controller and it is blast. Although I still want to change cheap Chinese 15 A controller to Phaserunner just to push hub motor little further View attachment 62401

That Ebike looks very comfortable to ride; dual suspension, fatty wheels, with a suspension seat post and a spring loaded large gel seat, very little road vibration must be reaching your body with that set up.

Nice ride, and yeah the archon rocks.
I have gone back to work after lockdown so my bike is getting a lot more miles under its belt, and I have done a few epic rides on the weekends 30-40 miles with battery to spare! I would never had attempted this before the upgrade, the extra range keeps on amazing me.
Still no problems to report

So, update on the range. I used the same battery and managed to bike another 25 miles with battery ending up at 46V. It was not cutting off, just did not want to drain it so low. Considering the weight of all the package at around minimum 300 lb I think is quite good. Reminder that the terrain was mostly flat with small hills (more like big bumps😂, it is Illinois ) I was using ECO 1 or 2 mix and no throttle, average speed 12mi/h
I am really glad I did the upgrade.
One more thing, on the way I think I encountered Alien 👽
381BC0C0-761D-4011-8F78-882A2E02EC37.jpeg

Sorry if these are dumb questions, but I was wondering a few things about the Ultra and the Archon X1 upgrade.
  • Does the Ultra have a Max Rpm like the Bosch, and if so what is it?
  • If it does, what happens when you reach it, does it plateau or cutoff?
  • Does the Archon X1 2300W changes the above?
  • Do the various power modes affect the throttle on the Archon X1, or the Throttle mapping is the same at all power assist levels?
Thanks for any insights

Sorry if these are dumb questions, but I was wondering a few things about the Ultra and the Archon X1 upgrade.
  • Does the Ultra have a Max Rpm like the Bosch, and if so what is it?
  • If it does, what happens when you reach it, does it plateau or cutoff?
  • Does the Archon X1 2300W changes the above?
  • Do the various power modes affect the throttle on the Archon X1, or the Throttle mapping is the same at all power assist levels?
Thanks for any insights
1. We dont have RPM at the moment. I will check with Innotrace if we can push it to the display
2. There is no RPM cutoff to my knowledge. TBH i am week rider and i cant really get to anything over 90 anyways ... so :)
3. No Archon doesnt change any thing there.
4. Throttle mapping is independent of assist levels.

Thanks Pushkar.
If the Bafang itself does not limit the front sprocket Rpm, when on throttle, the max speed is only limited by the power then. (and the gearing)

Back