Winter E-biking Guide

Ravi Kempaiah

Region
Canada
City
Halifax
As the temperature begins to drop in the coming months, readers of this forum may benefit from these two excellent threads that discuss winter E-biking gear/s in great detail:

Any suggestions on Pogies/Handlebar mitts that would work with a Tern GDS? I'm guessing most will make it difficult at best to check/work the digital displays.

Any suggestions on Pogies/Handlebar mitts that would work with a Tern GDS? I'm guessing most will make it difficult at best to check/work the digital displays.
I have used the Bar Mitts for about 6 years now. I use thin cycling gloves underneath and it has kept me warm even in 20F cold cycling days in Chicago.

Some of my friends purchased a much less expensive option and I did have a detailed look at those and they are not very different from the bar mitts linked above. For the money, it is a great deal.

Have you had any issues working the LCD speed controller?
No. Fortunately, the LCD on all my bikes have at the center not near the grips.
If you use the mitts on something like the Bosch Purion display, you won't be able to see it but you could still use the buttons.

No. Fortunately, the LCD on all my bikes have at the center not near the grips.
If you use the mitts on something like the Bosch Purion display, you won't be able to see it but you could still use the buttons.
Thats what I suspected, easy enough to learn to work them by feel.

I have used the Bar Mitts for about 6 years now. I use thin cycling gloves underneath and it has kept me warm even in 20F cold cycling days in Chicago.

Some of my friends purchased a much less expensive option and I did have a detailed look at those and they are not very different from the bar mitts linked above. For the money, it is a great deal.

They wouldn't fit my set up but I found these for my feet.
IMG_0757.jpg

Back