Why so few Trek owners?

Dallant

Region
USA
Have to admit that I’m surprised/disappointed at how few Trekkers there are on this forum. Or at least how few talk about their experiences. I have an Allant+7 that Ive had for 2 months and I love it but I’ve not seen one other one on this forum. Are there any better forums for Trek ebikes?

I am a Conduit+ owner. Bought back in OCT 2016 and getting back on it with more regularity (except for now when it is at the Trek store getting a spoke fixed).

I monitor the threads and would love to hear more about the current options as I really like the brand and the support from local Trek stores. I will say, however, that you pay for that convenience and their continued avoidance of the "throttle market" makes their target audience more narrow than some other brands.

Perhaps Trek owners are experiencing fewer issues... my all original Trek 830 from 1989 is still going strong.

I certainly hope that’s the case. I also would hope there’s more to talk about than problems.😎

I check in here from time to time, but the sheer amount of complaining here kinda turns me away from being an active participant. It feels like some members try to use this forum as ammo against Trek for their own purposes, and I'd rather not be a part of that.

Well, maybe if we actively talk about our good Trek ebike experiences it would make it a more positive experience for you.;)

The discussions on the forum tend to fall into 4 categories:

1. What bike should I buy? o_O
  2. I just bought my ebike and love it! :cool:
  3. Something is wrong with my bike :mad:
  4. Ebikes and the industry in general 🤓
Categories 1 and 3 tend to be members that swoop in and come and go, so you don't find much discussion from people who are happy with their bikes beyond the initial excitement.

I believe you'd be in category #2 (welcome!!!), hopefully you'll stick around for the category 4 discussions, and then you'll end up responding to posts from category 1 and 3 (and occasionally #2!) 🤣

I started riding an ebike in 2016 after 30 years riding road bikes, mostly with other strong riders. I enjoy browsing the forums to see what others are up to and occasionally comment when I feel I have something to add.
At 62 I did not want to push so hard anymore and I am blessed to be retired with lots of free time. Riding the ebike has brought back the joy of riding!
I did very little research and picked up a Trek XM 700 from my lbs which is 3 miles from my house and joined my road bike buddies for rides which were now much more fun! I put 7100 miles on the XM in less then a year and bought the Trek Super Commuter which I love! Here are the stats for my bikes since about 2014.

Look10,872.5 mi
Trek Super Commuter31,217.5 mi
XM 700+ E-Bike7,142.6 mi

I started riding an ebike in 2016 after 30 years riding road bikes, mostly with other strong riders. I enjoy browsing the forums to see what others are up to and occasionally comment when I feel I have something to add.
At 62 I did not want to push so hard anymore and I am blessed to be retired with lots of free time. Riding the ebike has brought back the joy of riding!
I did very little research and picked up a Trek XM 700 from my lbs which is 3 miles from my house and joined my road bike buddies for rides which were now much more fun! I put 7100 miles on the XM in less then a year and bought the Trek Super Commuter which I love! Here are the stats for my bikes since about 2014.

Look10,872.5 mi
XM 700+ E-Bike7,142.6 mi
That’s impressive mileage! 🤩

Look10,872.5 mi
XM 700+ E-Bike7,142.6 mi
Wow, I have a very, very long way to go!

Look10,872.5 mi
XM 700+ E-Bike7,142.6 mi

For some reason, we can't access your Strava profile. It defaults back to my dashboard.

Look10,872.5 mi
XM 700+ E-Bike7,142.6 mi

Wow Love2ride, that’s some super mileage on the Super Commuter!
All that great California weather helps too.

Trek owner here and it’s a fabulous bike. Class one and very comfortable. Fabulous range, 500 wh battery, handles great and 45 lbs, which is not bad for an ebike.
As I’m cycling the trails I’m seeing tons of Treks. Mostly Verves from what I can tell. I’ve heard it’s Trek top selling ebike, probably due to price.

I check in here from time to time, but the sheer amount of complaining here kinda turns me away from being an active participant. It feels like some members try to use this forum as ammo against Trek for their own purposes, and I'd rather not be a part of that.
It's really just one person for most of the Trek complaint threads from what I have read.

I have no problem with someone complaining about a real (and reoccurring) problem with a very pricey ebike. I know I’d want to know if I was looking at such a bike. I had a problem with my Allant+7 battery lock that wouldn’t release the battery but the local Trek guy fixed and adjusted it very quickly so I’m very happy with it so far.

Last edited:
@Luv2ride

Not many E-bikers do 10,000 + miles a year. Way to go. I bet your cardio is amazing.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-hampshire-50335757

Your handle name is apt for your mileage. I wish you great health and may be one day cross a million miles on a bicycle like this guy (linked above)
My cardio used to be amazing when I rode my acoustic bikes, now I ride more for pleasure and moderate exercise.
I use tour, sport and turbo modes liberally and almost never use eco.
Most of my rides are with strong road riders not on ebikes so the rides are pretty easy for me.
Sometimes when I am by myself I will do a fast ride with a 20mph average using lots of assist.
I carry two extra 500 wh batteries in my bag so I have no range anxiety.

Back