Which ebike for me?

Monica Piñeros

Hi everyone! In the next months a want to buy an ebike but I am absolutely lost about which one is the perfect match for me. Here are some info about my location, budget and needs:

- I live in Bogota, Colombia. I work as a real estate broker and I am tired of traffic and cars. Here traffic is caotic, so ive been moving in a mountain bike and its great. However, the city is not a plain at all, part of it is steep terrain so I need a ebike that helps me with that, without being so heavy.

- Budget: Between $1300 and $1700 USD

- Bodytype: Im short! But I like big wheels bikes. Not the small ones.

- Since I dont live in the US, its important to know how good customer service is, or if it has International support. If the bike damages, can i fix the problem easily?

Ive been reading and some options ive seen are: SHIMA A2B, MAGNUM UI5 and RadCity commuter bike from Rad Power. Any suggestion? Preference? Recomendation?

Or if you have other options please let me know! Thanks your your help.

Hi Monica,

I to am lost and looking to buy my first ebike, however I do live in Canada. Just not sure what to buy. Good luck to you. Wish I could help.

Hey Monica,
Que chevere que te anímes por un bici eléctrica!

I think shipping would be your most limiting factor.
In terms of price and value, I think the RadCity would be your best bet, but not sure about the shipping part.

Yo tengo una RadWagon, y me gusta muchisimo para llevar a mi hija al colegio, e ir al super mercado. Pero es bien grande y pesada - quizas la RadCity sea una mucha mejor opción para ti.

Another option is to get a kit (easier to ship), and you convert a bike there... check out https://lunacycle.com/

Saludos!
Tona

Shaun,
See if you can find an Ohm dealer and try one out. I've sure been happy with mine after 2 other manufacturers that I was not happy with.

Back