Which BMS

speedyg

Region
Other
Hi everyone,
I am ordering a 13s7p battery with Sanyo GA cells in a Reention DP-9 case.
I needed guidance on which bms should I pick for it. The seller says a 40A continous BMS won't fit (Daly with balancing), so is suggesting a 30A BMS (no balancing or bluetooth) named Super Power 30A
My usage would be with a BBSHD rated 30A and I read that its better to use a BMS rated a little higher (obviously if my cells can handle it which they can) so not to stress the BMS and also if you ever want to use a higher rated motor.

I was told this is in another forum (regarding this situation):
"In your particular case. Your battery has more than enough output that it won't be damaged before the motor melts down; so you don't need overcurrent protection. The stock BBSHD has something like a 41V LVC, so you don't necessarily need the battery LVC protection. So that leaves balancing, which the 30A you described doesn't have. Therefore, the 30A BMS is not really doing anything for you but taking up space. You may be able to use an active balancer instead of a BMS, if one can fit in the space."

My question is:
Do you know any good quality 40A BMS that could fit the reention dp-9 case? (Ideally with bluetooth and auto balancing), or in the worst case a 30A BMS with those functions.

The seller is Jenny from Aijiu Power and has been really helpful! (recommended in several forums).

Thank you very much!

I don't understand what you are looking for. Is Aijiu Power willing to build a battery with a BMS that they don't carry or sell? How could they offer a warranty?

I don't understand what you are looking for. Is Aijiu Power willing to build a battery with a BMS that they don't carry or sell? How could they offer a warranty?
No, my question is if anybody knows a bms of 40a continous or 30A that has bluetooth and balancing that fits inside a 13s7p reention dp-9 case. Sorry if I didnt explain myself clearly

Yes, but if you find that BMS are you going to build the battery yourself? What is the point in looking for a different BMS than the seller will install and support?

Yes, but if you find that BMS are you going to build the battery yourself? What is the point in looking for a different BMS than the seller will install and support?
If I find one I tell them and they could use that one (assuming it is available in their market)

Kind of silly to build a 13S-7P 91 LG cell battery and not have a balance BMS. Get the dimensions on that super duper 30 BMS from the guy, and search aliexepress yourself.

Do you need 24AH? Scale back to 13S-6P and the Daly will fit.

Back