When life is telling you not to ride.

fooferdoggie

It seems life tells you and you don’t listen. My wife and I go on a long ride on our e tandem “the beast” on Sundays but everything was getting in the way. We usually get up around 6 or so but my wife did not sleep well so she slept to 8 or so that killed the early ride. Then I had someone coming to pickup my lego millennium falcon 600.00 I wanted to get that and they took till 1:30 instead of 11:30 of course it stoped rain the whole time. Funnily we get ready and start off 1/2 a mile later the main chain beaks. I just checked it for wear that morning and it was close to .5 but not there yet. But we had a jam-up of the two chains a couple weeks ago and I think it damaged a link. As the timing chain pooped a quick link apart the week before. I could have fixed it but we walked home and I put a new chain on. Finally get going and we are caught in a hard downpour. With both had rain gear on but my wife forgot her hood on her rain jacket and my rain rain resistant tights funneled the water into my shoes. Not a huge deal we stopped by a favorite Chinese restaurant to grab our order but it made us feel the cold and we froze the rest of the way home
But we got 21 miles in a short ride but not too bad.

Wow Foofer, you and your wife are determined!
I think I would have quit when the chain quit.
It’s all part of the adventure called life.

Wow Foofer, you and your wife are determined!
I think I would have quit when the chain quit.
It’s all part of the adventure called life.
ya we were debating on it but we have not gotten to ride every day Like were were doing. its getting dark when I get home and you don't usually take a cruise on a bike at night. errands yes but not really joy rides. plus all the rain.

It's usually the weather, not life events, that keep me off my bike. I ride 100% for pleasure & exercise so it's easy for me to avoid extreme heat, cold, rain & snow. I do carry rain gear if the forecast is iffy though. On occasion, I've huddled under a tarp I carry when caught in a downpour. Being retired and not a commuter, I have the luxury of choosing when and where I ride.

It seems life tells you and you don’t listen. My wife and I go on a long ride on our e tandem “the beast” on Sundays but everything was getting in the way. We usually get up around 6 or so but my wife did not sleep well so she slept to 8 or so that killed the early ride. Then I had someone coming to pickup my lego millennium falcon 600.00 I wanted to get that and they took till 1:30 instead of 11:30 of course it stoped rain the whole time. Funnily we get ready and start off 1/2 a mile later the main chain beaks. I just checked it for wear that morning and it was close to .5 but not there yet. But we had a jam-up of the two chains a couple weeks ago and I think it damaged a link. As the timing chain pooped a quick link apart the week before. I could have fixed it but we walked home and I put a new chain on. Finally get going and we are caught in a hard downpour. With both had rain gear on but my wife forgot her hood on her rain jacket and my rain rain resistant tights funneled the water into my shoes. Not a huge deal we stopped by a favorite Chinese restaurant to grab our order but it made us feel the cold and we froze the rest of the way home
But we got 21 miles in a short ride but not too bad.
I'm trying to envision your timing chain "pooping" a quick link. Seems like that would be painful.

I'm trying to envision your timing chain "pooping" a quick link. Seems like that would be painful.
it only came off one side so the chain was still in place. man got another flat on the front. the Stans sealant helped but it would not stop the lack it felt like a big hole. well I guess ihefront needed a new tire too. but at least we made it home before I had to fix it.

Back