What’s the most reliable ebike after 10,000km?

So what brand are you riding?
Bike is a yubabikes bodaboda.
Motor is a 48 v 1200 W geared hub from ebikeling.com
Controller/throttle/brake handles from $189 Amazon DD kit. I hated the PAS that came with the ebikeling kit and the display fogged up in the rain.
Battery is lunabikes 48 v 17AH.

Whatever motor brand your local favourite bike shop services should be high on the list. Not much good if you have to ship yourself to timbuktu to get service or parts. Here in Ontario Canada we never saw Yamaha motors for the longest time, although I have heard good things about them. Have not heard who is the authorized service centre for those motors, which from my experience means more. Some motors are smoother than others, some more gutsy, etc., but it still comes down to can you get certified mechanic working on it if it hits the fan. Shimano, Brose, Bosch all seem to have service available here.

I have over 12,000 km on my Radwagon and it still runs great. I've never had to take it apart and I've gone on single track, through slow, dragged it through wet clay, crashed on it, ridden in heavy rains, and biked through streams that go up to my bottom bracket. I did notice the spokes start to get loose a little after 3 years, so I tighten them. That's about it.

Bike is a yubabikes bodaboda.
Motor is a 48 v 1200 W geared hub from ebikeling.com
Controller/throttle/brake handles from $189 Amazon DD kit. I hated the PAS that came with the ebikeling kit and the display fogged up in the rain.
Battery is lunabikes 48 v 17AH.

i recently bought a motor from them and they didn't have a geared 1200W hub motor option, just a direct drive...the torque on a 1200w geared hub must be phenomenal - did you go with a beefy torque arm? i'm using a grin torque arm instead of the one that came with the ebikeling kit just because the grin fit around all of the bits and bobs much better...

The best bike after 10,000 km is the one that you took good care of. 12,000 km on a rad is a good case in point. In the end, pic a bike you can afford, appeals to you and tics as many boxes as possible then take care of it.
There is no bike guaranteed to go the distance if you don't take care of it. I got stuck reading a ton of reviews until I realized, just pic a bike you like and be done with it.

i recently bought a motor from them and they didn't have a geared 1200W hub motor option, just a direct drive...the torque on a 1200w geared hub must be phenomenal - did you go with a beefy torque arm? i'm using a grin torque arm instead of the one that came with the ebikeling kit just because the grin fit around all of the bits and bobs much better...
I sawed the torque arm out of a bed frame rail. High carbon steel 1" x 4" x 10 ga. Drill 2 5/16" holes, connect the dots with rotary file or nicholson. Tension loop to fork strut is 1 1/2" wide sheet metal cut out of a box fan shell. Fastener 10-32 x 1 1/2" with elastic stop nut. Front fork is steel although bike frame is aluminum.

Last edited:
Here is a pristine BH S pedelec that which taking good care of it has 8k worry free miles on it since oct. last year(I’m an ex . Weekend 🚴‍♀️) . Loaded with 70lb of a mix of groceries/backpack.

Something that a Stromer could never do religiously week after week , month after month with ZERO issues.

Ps- the winter cover is a custom made NASA grade aerogel foam insert placed 41431beneath the reg. Neoprene cover. Battery stays at 22-26 Celsius no matter how cold it is outside.

Attachments

• 52A19324-F4E1-4038-8782-B2B6EF8FFD0B.jpeg
    52A19324-F4E1-4038-8782-B2B6EF8FFD0B.jpeg
    509.9 KB · Views: 354
Last edited:
Back