Western US distribution stalled post Utah earthquake

Phyz

LBS says they've offered to rent a truck to deadhead from California to Specialized's Salt Lake City distribution warehouse to get product moving, Distribution is constipated since the 5.7 earthquake March 18. Orders are piling up but product is not moving. Anyone here with deeper insight?

LBS says they've offered to rent a truck to deadhead from California to Specialized's Salt Lake City distribution warehouse to get product moving, Distribution is constipated since the 5.7 earthquake March 18. Orders are piling up but product is not moving. Anyone here with deeper insight?
I’m here in Utah also and I know shipping was screwed up for a bit following the quake, but my understanding is that now they are simply out of stock on things and production is slow because of Covid, staff shortages, etc. I am waiting for something myself (and waiting..and waiting...). I wasn’t aware it was still a distribution issue.

Dealers are ordering items that show as “in stock” at the SLC facility. I don’t think they can order anything not in stock. And since we’re at the end of the model year, the 2020 run of product is done.

Manufacturing delays could account for backups on the Vado SL, but not 3s, 4s, or 5s.

A Vado 4.0 that was in stock and paid for on May 14 is still en route from Salt Lake City to Sacramento as of end of business on May 28. I‘m starting to hear Carly Simon’s Heinz Ketchup commercial rendition of “Anticipation”.

A Vado 4.0 that was in stock and paid for on May 14 is still en route from Salt Lake City to Sacramento as of end of business on May 28. I‘m starting to hear Carly Simon’s Heinz Ketchup commercial rendition of “Anticipation”.
It will be worth the wait!

Back