Well the Nyon from Kiox upgrade was not bad at all.

fooferdoggie

Got the kit today and it was not hard. I forgot to check but you need a small torx wrench for the screws on the wire harness and the remote. Just take the bolt off and remove the kiox pry the power wire off the harness. I left the remote on and used the new one. A little work to get the new wire harness back in but not too bad screw it down. I also put the lock screw in the non so it cant be removed. Then attach the mount the bars it has several rubber spacer sizes attach the remote button turn it on and set it up. After several garmins the kiox and a older nyon it was pretty easy. You can a lot of it off the bike while charging it too.
I have a wahoo ticker HRM and it connected to blue tooth just fine but wont show my heart rate. It is connected but does nothing. It is one of the recommended ones and worked fine on the kiox. Turning the nyon off and on did nothing repairing it did nothing turning the HRM on after the nyon did nothing. When you open bluetooth and search it shows everything my headphones my wife headphones. I tested my wife's HRM he has the same one but nope same thing its connected but not working. Now there are some things showing in bluetooth with a long string of numbers and I connected to one and it was the HRM and it showed my heart rate. But it would not reconnect too it. So other then that its all working fine.

I got the kit and it's been installed over a week now. I love the upgrade to it from the Smartphonehub.

I too have a Wahoo HRM, and it's working just fine. The only catch is that I need to reconnect it via Bluetooth manually before each ride

What that means is, I have the HRM saved as a BT device. For whatever reason, it does not connect automatically when I boot up the Nyon. So first I must make sure the Wahoo is on, then go to the Nyon's settings - connections - Bluetooth. I'll see my phone and the HRM listed as saved devices, but they are not actively connected. I click on the Wahoo HRM, select connect and it connects right away. When I back out of settings, I'll see that it is indeed connected and reading my heart rate on the screen.

I hope you get it figured out. It's an excellent feature.

it acts like when I first got the kiox and used a garmin HRM. it worked great till Tried using my garmin watch then neither would work. I was the one that discovered you had to turn the kiox on first then the hrm. I really like the wahoo since they have a arm version I ride too many times to go to the hassle to wear a chest strap. thats a pain on commutes.
you had to get the shop to do it though right to run the wires? man they had to tear my bike apart to get the wire ran for the kiox. the tube was so tight.

I think I can help you guys as I have the Wahoo and the new Nyon. First, I always have the WiFi off in the Nyon. I don’t pair the Wahoo with it’s app on my iPhone. Unpair it if you do. The Wahoo needs to be turned on before the Nyon is turned on. Then turn on the Nyon and let the do it’s startup. On your phone, turn on the Bosch eBike connect app. Now your phone and Wahoo HRM will be connected and can see the HR on the Nyon.
I know it was frustrating starting a ride and not being connected.

I will give that a try. I had one ride on it yesterday and I noticed it didn't to since the ride. it said it synced though.then I thought ai would disconnect it from wifi and the phone and reconnect them both would not connect at all. I jsut reset it and only hooked it to my phone so we will see. Just checked and that did it I wonder if thats why you have to turn the kiox on first because the wahoo is paid to your phone? but actually this is good because I hated to have to turn the kiox on first if I went into a store I would have to turn the wahoo off and on again to get it working each time I turned off the kiox.

Just wanted to share this with everyone that is thinking about upgrading your display. You don't need to drop the motor or make any major changes excecpt change the wires from one head unit to the other. You don't even need to change the controller. You don't need to pay hundred's of dollars for a bike shop.
I did this with blessings from Bosch after struggling to find a dealer who knew how to do it!

Here are the steps in order how I did it.

Step 1.
If you have a software lock on your bike then
A. Turn on the Kiox making sure it is attached to your bike
B. Sync your phone with the ebike connect
C. Turn lock off

Step 2.
A. Take Nyon out of the box and put on a charge
B. Unattached Kiox from holder.
C. Unscrew the Kiox holder from the handlebars.
D. Locate the metal connectors that connects the display to the wire that connects to the controller and motor. 3 dots on the left and 4 on the right.
E. Controller to display does not need to be unattached unless you want it to be.

Step 3.
A. Turn over and you will see black screws that holds the connectors in place, one on each side. You will need either a T1 or T2, small allen wrench.
B. Unscrew the connectors from the Kiox containers, save your screws.
C. Unscrew the connectors from the Nyon holder.

Step 4.
A. Use a small flathead screwdriver to nudge the connectors (toward the middle) for it to pop out of the Kiox body. Firmly but not to much force.
B. Repeat the same steps with the Nyon.

Step 5.
A. Do the reverse to attach the connectors from the Kiox container to the Nyon containers.
B. Make sure, from the view of sitting on the bike, that the connectors with three dots are on the left and four dots are on the right.
C. Screw Nyon Holder to your bike with reattached wires.

Step 6.
A. Attach Nyon to bike and turn on
B. Follow steps to Sync Nyon to wifi and your phone

Step 7.
A. Check in ebike connect to see if it sees your new Nyon.
B. If it does not then check to see if it the metal contacts are connecting between the holder and display.
C. Make the Nyon your main display in the software.
D. Delete your Kiox display if you don't plan on keeping it
E. Put your software lock back on if you purchased it

Step 8. Go ride you are done.

Note. Integrated light with the controller, don't worry. I have the Domane+ HP with a bright switch and that is a seperate control that attaches to the motor not display. It is just placed in a control holder with the Kiox control that makes it looks like it is custom. It wires goes to the motor not the display. Also the Kiox and Nyon controllers are the same.

Just wanted to share this with everyone that is thinking about upgrading your display. You don't need to drop the motor or make any major changes excecpt change the wires from one head unit to the other. You don't even need to change the controller. You don't need to pay hundred's of dollars for a bike shop.
I did this with blessings from Bosch after struggling to find a dealer who knew how to do it!

Here are the steps in order how I did it.

Step 1.
If you have a software lock on your bike then
A. Turn on the Kiox making sure it is attached to your bike
B. Sync your phone with the ebike connect
C. Turn lock off

Step 2.
A. Take Nyon out of the box and put on a charge
B. Unattached Kiox from holder.
C. Unscrew the Kiox holder from the handlebars.
D. Locate the metal connectors that connects the display to the wire that connects to the controller and motor. 3 dots on the left and 4 on the right.
E. Controller to display does not need to be unattached unless you want it to be.

Step 3.
A. Turn over and you will see black screws that holds the connectors in place, one on each side. You will need either a T1 or T2, small allen wrench.
B. Unscrew the connectors from the Kiox containers, save your screws.
C. Unscrew the connectors from the Nyon holder.

Step 4.
A. Use a small flathead screwdriver to nudge the connectors (toward the middle) for it to pop out of the Kiox body. Firmly but not to much force.
B. Repeat the same steps with the Nyon.

Step 5.
A. Do the reverse to attach the connectors from the Kiox container to the Nyon containers.
B. Make sure, from the view of sitting on the bike, that the connectors with three dots are on the left and four dots are on the right.
C. Screw Nyon Holder to your bike with reattached wires.

Step 6.
A. Attach Nyon to bike and turn on
B. Follow steps to Sync Nyon to wifi and your phone

Step 7.
A. Check in ebike connect to see if it sees your new Nyon.
B. If it does not then check to see if it the metal contacts are connecting between the holder and display.
C. Make the Nyon your main display in the software.
D. Delete your Kiox display if you don't plan on keeping it
E. Put your software lock back on if you purchased it

Step 8. Go ride you are done.

Note. Integrated light with the controller, don't worry. I have the Domane+ HP with a bright switch and that is a seperate control that attaches to the motor not display. It is just placed in a control holder with the Kiox control that makes it looks like it is custom. It wires goes to the motor not the display. Also the Kiox and Nyon controllers are the same.
I presume you are referring to the older Nyon. The new Nyon 2 does not have the same connector on the rear as the Kiox so you wouldn’t be able to do this. The Kiox cable to the motor has to be removed and the one from the Nyon routed through.

I presume you are referring to the older Nyon. The new Nyon 2 does not have the same connector on the rear as the Kiox so you wouldn’t be able to do this. The Kiox cable to the motor has to be removed and the one from the Nyon routed through.
Not in my experience. My bike was upgraded from Kiox (2020 version) to Nyon 2021 in a very simple and quick operation that did not involve any replacement of a cable from the motor.

The process was close to that described by markybolton

Do older Kioxes have different cables or mounts?

Peter

Not in my experience. My bike was upgraded from Kiox (2020 version) to Nyon 2021 in a very simple and quick operation that did not involve any replacement of a cable from the motor.

Peter
old nyons use the intuvia wiring so going from old to new means new wiring.

Peter
Sorry, my mistake, I was thinking of Intuvia not Kiox.

Hello, I have a Trek Powerfly with Purion. From what I have read above in this thread, it appears that riders here have upgraded from a Kiox and this might be an easier, simpler process than the switch from Purion? Has anyone upgraded to a Nyon from a Purion, and done this themselves without taking to the shop? I take it, this would involve dropping the motor to connect wires? I do all my own work on the bike so I am confident I can handle the job, mostly curious if there is some software access that only the dealer has or if this is a super complicated “leave it to the dealer” job?

Hello, I have a Trek Powerfly with Purion. From what I have read above in this thread, it appears that riders here have upgraded from a Kiox and this might be an easier, simpler process than the switch from Purion? Has anyone upgraded to a Nyon from a Purion, and done this themselves without taking to the shop? I take it, this would involve dropping the motor to connect wires? I do all my own work on the bike so I am confident I can handle the job, mostly curious if there is some software access that only the dealer has or if this is a super complicated “leave it to the dealer” job?
I think in this case its best to let the shop do it. from kiox to nyon you can do yourself.

It really depends on the bike and the cable routing. My Kathmandu, for instance, apparently is quite tricky and needs the motor dropping whereas some other bikes are easier and don't require a motor drop. Personally I didn't want to take the risk and invalidate my warranty so had a Bosch Service Centre do it, it only cost £30 so wasn't worth the hassle.

It really depends on the bike and the cable routing. My Kathmandu, for instance, apparently is quite tricky and needs the motor dropping whereas some other bikes are easier and don't require a motor drop. Personally I didn't want to take the risk and invalidate my warranty so had a Bosch Service Centre do it, it only cost £30 so wasn't worth the hassle.
mine they had to tear the whole front end and the strip it to get the wires run because it was so tight took several hours thank you bulls.

For those did an upgrade, what did you do with your old units? Anyone want to sell a Kiox or Intuvia for cheap?

Back