stompandgo
Well-Known Member
- Region
- USA
Jeremy, it was much more than a "bad legs day" for the others. Simmons softened the field up for the first few times up the mountain. Both WVA and MVDP had plenty of time off the front, but there was an American with them for almost all of it. That is, except for the time when WVA, MVDP, and Roglic were away, and the Americans knew that Roglic is only going to suck wheel. Then Mateo buried himself to get McNulty OTF and the rest is history. The team tactics were the difference maker. No Belgian or Slovakian riders were crushing themselves for their teammates. Remember, also, that this is not a trade team race, so no radios are allowed. Lots of tactical decisions are made over the radio. The Americans didn't need them.
The interesting question is, what is UAE going to do with McNulty? His world completely changed yesterday.
Another interesting question. America hasn't had an Elite Men's WC since Lance and Lemond. Will this have a downstream effect on road cycling in this country? It did back then, but it's a different cycling world now. I certainly hope so. I want to work more road races. I love being in the "red car". Best seat in the house.
The interesting question is, what is UAE going to do with McNulty? His world completely changed yesterday.
Another interesting question. America hasn't had an Elite Men's WC since Lance and Lemond. Will this have a downstream effect on road cycling in this country? It did back then, but it's a different cycling world now. I certainly hope so. I want to work more road races. I love being in the "red car". Best seat in the house.
Last edited: