Volton Alation 500 Owner Review

Aerofeisst

Just received my Volton in the mail today, great customer service handling my mistake on ordering wrong color, the bike arrived in great condition and was a breeze to assemble as most of it was already put together and packed neatly.

I just finished putting it together maybe an hour ago and rode it around really quick to get a feel for it.

I have to say, it may be my first electric bike ever but I'm immensely satisfied. When the motor first engaged between my second and third pedal on the bike it was a rush and a sense of freedom I haven't felt since I first learned to ride.

Definitely see why it's important to have a good helmet, even if you don't normally ride a regular bike with one. Really love the battery placement, as a smaller guy I feel like had the battery been higher on the bike it would be difficult to keep upright when making tighter maneuvers.. Still adjusting things and customizing the display, but first impressions took my initial perspective on ebikes and blew it out of the water.

"Aggressive Ride" in my humble opinion is a euphemism, I feel like I'll need an extra big lock, not to keep it from being stolen, but to keep it from consuming lesser bikes.

Still, it's not any expensive high end model or anything, but it definitely isn't cheap or lacking in any way... It probably won't really get an opportunity to shine until I get a few more things and start feeling comfortable riding it, so I may post some updates on this thread..

I don't think I could fairly rate the bike out of ten, having no other references on ebikes... but..

...it's a beast. And I love it >:3

Looks sexy too.

I've been watching the charger like a hawk, as soon as it hits green I'm taking it out on the town, beautiful weather today. Thanks Brambor, and thank you Joe for the amazing bike! I'll be riding it all spring break!

That's rad! The first few rides are something else for sure! The freedom, the speed... It's just great! Have fun!

"Aggressive Ride" in my humble opinion is a euphemism, I feel like I'll need an extra big lock, not to keep it from being stolen, but to keep it from consuming lesser bikes.
Great review! Your enthusiasm is awesome and I'm glad everything worked out so well. Joe (the owner of Volton for those who might not know) is a great guy and the Alation 500 is a wonderful electric bike.

Post some pictures if you get the chance! The white color looks so good and the new battery covers are awesome.

I bought one last year and it is an awesome bike - sturdy, powerful, and good looking.
Awesome! So glad to hear all of these good experiences with the bike and Volton as a company. Joe (the founder) is a great guy and I feel like his products offer a great balance of value, utility and design ;)

Back