Volition Bikes in Sydney

Even though they have some nice bikes, if something goes wrong good luck trying to get them to stand by their Warranty.
I purchased a new controller from them for a Baffang BBSHD motor and when I fitted it an error was displayed so I took the controller back and they updated the firmware and gave it back.
Upon fitting it again another error was being displayed, so this time I took the whole motor to them and asked them to get it working correctly
the next day they told me that they plugged it into a battery and the controller blew up, and that they wouldnt fix it because the controller is to dangerous.
I said ok then put a new Controller on it, this one is under warranty.
so they presented a quote to fix it which included paying for another Controller.
I told them I dont mind paying for labour but I just bought the controller and its under Warranty.
That was over a week ago and they wont tell me if they are going to change it under warranty.
They just keep telling me that it needs a new contoller.
I can only contact them by email because they dont have a phone number.
Ive messaged them numerous times asking when I can pick it up, and when they do finally reply they dont tell me when it will be ready or if they are going to fix it under warranty, I dont even know if they intend fixing it at all.
So I send another message asking those questions and a few days later they will respond and still not tell me whats happening
And this is where it gets ammusing...
I havent bought anything from there for over 7 years because the previeous part I bought was also faulty and I had to go to The Department of Fair Trading to try to get them to adhere to their warranty
because they did the same thing then as well
This was at Bondi Junction, Im not sure if they have other branches but Give Bondii a huge miss

Hello all

We thought it is the best for the community to know the truth. This is one time response from us. We do prefer to keep our communication open with Greg Walker only in the court.

In summary , Greg Walker from WA Australia
is slightly delusional. We would like to addressing some key concerns here

• the motor area was never cleaned ; hence, both outside and inside collected much dirt. Evidence
    / this is uncommon and not a part of any sort of standard ebike services; but, at the same time, a standard & complete motor service should cover this job.
  • Greg Walker emailed us and said the bike has done 10,000km. This is considered "heavy use" by us
  • He was also complaining that he could not find 4 piston pads (Shimano style) from his local shop and we said, Shimano pads are available everywhere online. He refused to believe us ....

The motor never "failed" and it went into a protection mode where the power is restricted. We never said if it was anyone's fault. We never denied his rights to the warranty. It is unfortunately that the motor became dirty. We could have waived the bill. Instead, he went completely unreasonable, he first wanted a brand new bike and then he said he cannot be bothered sending anything to us ever again and he therefore demanded 130000 Aud+ cash payment from us. At that point, we genuinely thought this man must be crazy. He threatened us that refusing would be bad for the our reputation and since then, he has posted fake & racist reviews using different accounts on the social media or anywhere he could.

After months of time and hours of time during the court discussion , the case was dismissed and we won. File Number GEN 22/04063 | GREGORY WALKER - VOLT MOTORS PTY LTD T/AS VOLITION EBIKE

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Please be genuine and honest with other small businesses.

We sincerely wish you the best of luck. We will not engage in a conversation here as we are preparing a defamation case against Greg Walke
Director
Johnson Sheng Zhang
volitionebike.com
Mr Zhang you wouldn’t know truth or decency if it came up and hit you in the face, see you at the appeals tribunal.

Id give Volition A HUGE MISS!
Even though they have some nice bikes, if something goes wrong good luck trying to get them to stand by their Warranty.
I purchased a new controller from them for a Baffang BBSHD motor and when I fitted it an error was displayed so I took the controller back and they updated the firmware and gave it back.
Upon fitting it again another error was being displayed, so this time I took the whole motor to them and asked them to get it working correctly
the next day they told me that they plugged it into a battery and the controller blew up, and that they wouldnt fix it because the controller is to dangerous.
I said ok then put a new Controller on it, this one is under warranty.
so they presented a quote to fix it which included paying for another Controller.
I told them I dont mind paying for labour but I just bought the controller and its under Warranty.
That was over a week ago and they wont tell me if they are going to change it under warranty.
They just keep telling me that it needs a new contoller.
I can only contact them by email because they dont have a phone number.
Ive messaged them numerous times asking when I can pick it up, and when they do finally reply they dont tell me when it will be ready or if they are going to fix it under warranty, I dont even know if they intend fixing it at all.
So I send another message asking those questions and a few days later they will respond and still not tell me whats happening
And this is where it gets ammusing...
I havent bought anything from there for over 7 years because the previeous part I bought was also faulty and I had to go to The Department of Fair Trading to try to get them to adhere to their warranty
because they did the same thing then as well
This was at Bondi Junction, Im not sure if they have other branches but Give Bondii a huge miss
Hello

We have tried everything we can to explain to you that the controller had a short inside and you tried hard to tamper with the controller and its setting. The controller was shorted and by the time, we set it up in our workshop , it just blew up instantly. It was extremely dangerous for us. This is also the reason we do not like working with controller customers have tampered with.

We gave you a new controller free and you came back to remove the temp sensor since your motor core is the old generation. However, you tampered the controller again! to the point; it no longer connects to the controller. It is just a nightmare. We will refund the money back to your account.

We always respect that people like their own settings of the controller and do their own things. However, we / Bafang no longer support 3rd party modifications. Good luck !

:)
Johnson
[email protected]

Hello

We have tried everything we can to explain to you that the controller had a short inside and you tried hard to tamper with the controller and its setting. The controller was shorted and by the time, we set it up in our workshop , it just blew up instantly. It was extremely dangerous for us. This is also the reason we do not like working with controller customers have tampered with.

We gave you a new controller free and you came back to remove the temp sensor since your motor core is the old generation. However, you tampered the controller again! to the point; it no longer connects to the controller. It is just a nightmare. We will refund the money back to your account.

We always respect that people like their own settings of the controller and do their own things. However, we / Bafang no longer support 3rd party modifications. Good luck !

Johnson
[email protected]
You gave me another controller that didn't work I just brought it to you andyou said that I have stuffed up this one. I just got home and put it back on and it works, it still has the number 10 error which makes it useless. And about your gesture of a refund, that's great except you cnd find the paperwork, very convenient.
So I'm back where I started..
A new controller that displays a number 10 error and out $280

You gave me another controller that didn't work I just brought it to you andyou said that I have stuffed up this one. I just got home and put it back on and it works, it still has the number 10 error which makes it useless. And about your gesture of a refund, that's great except you cnd find the paperwork, very convenient.
Oh and when you say I tried hard to tamper with it, can you explain exactly how I tampered with it to the extent that it would damage it

I DIDN'T adjust the settings in the controller, if that what your trying to say.
After it displayed a 10 error I disconnected it and brought it back.
You said the controller is stuffed. And you will refund my money.
Now I got home and connected the controller and it works except it still has a number 10 error.

But I should be greatfull, at least you didn't blow the arse out of this one.

Hello

Johnson
[email protected]
3 things...
1. If it had a short inside that would be covered by warranty.
2. Replacing the controller with another that displays the same error isn't fixing the problem.
3. When you offer a refund then say you can't find the paperwork.
All your doing is making maters worse

Update - I won on appeal, Volition made accountable - I now have a Arcon Bafang motor from Wattwgaons and it rocks!

I bought the dingo emb from volition and its awesome you just have to ride e bikes correctly by that I mean using the correct gear get up to speed then use the throttle and they go fast enough without having to try chips or moving the magnet on the crank

I bought the dingo emb from volition and its awesome you just have to ride e bikes correctly by that I mean using the correct gear get up to speed then use the throttle and they go fast enough without having to try chips or moving the magnet on the crank
Does it still work?

Back