very happy with this bike :)

vincent

finally got in some more rides this weekend

bike did great, today did a 35 mile ride with 1/3 pavement and some crappy dirt roads with 6-7 miles of a road that turned out to be basically a sand wash, have no idea how anyone gets through stuff like on an analog bike especially with all the stuff/weight i carry with me

burned up a decent amount of battery powering through that stuff and the bike handled it all great

will not do this area/road again but every time i ride the ww i am happier with it

have ridden my yamaha pw in sand like this and it got through fine but with no rack/panniers/maybe a light backpack so a LOT less weight and it was a lot more work on me

rode over 4 hours yesterday and 5 today, even pushing/walking the bike some in really deep sand and am still not as tired as i normally would be, this matters a lot to me because it always at the end of a long ride that you get tired and get hurt

this is because the bike fits me better and has more power
even so i am using about 16 wh per mile and both times had the second 9lb battery with me and a bunch of other junk...

i am sure technical mtn bike riders could tell the difference with a brose/yamaha etc but with the settings i am running now it is smooth enough for me and the trade off is totally worth it

if the weather stays nice should get in some rides this week and weekend

hope everyone is staying healthy

@vincent you are only using 16WH / mile ? that is incredible. Coupled with what @KellyH mentioned yesterday- these are even better ratings than I thought we could get...

Reactions: Ayl
( capacity of the battery ) / (range you get before battery runs out )

e.g. 880wh / 55 miles range

5BCB08B7-045D-4841-9EFB-CF0F71CDA126.jpeg
75313E9D-4ED5-4D15-9A9C-77196CD4E13C.jpeg

How come that full suspension fat tire ebike isn't on the website, isn't that like another type of model ?

Edit: Correction that looks like perhaps 3" wheels, so this is a custom?
If it is a 3" wheel with a full suspension this has a market, if I didn't already own a Ebike that is exactly what I would get.
That bike must ride really nice, best suspension seat post with full suspension, plus super comfy saddle and 3" wheels.

Last edited:
This is a soft tail FS bike. Travel is 100mm or so. We now have the Travalanche - and you can get it today !

Hmmm, that is on nothing but dirt roads 90-95% of the time, but I am in the desert so I rarely get my bikes muddy...

this bike was built specifically for forest road riding

I don’t own a Prius anymore but I did unload it from my van 😀

Hi Vincent.

Tell us about your seat choice? And above the battery, is that a spring? Full suspension??? Why the chain versus Carbon Drive? Rohloff or derailleur? And why?

I'm wondering why you swapped out the Brooks saddle that comes with it. It's supposed to be one of the most comfortable seats every made once you break it in.

on the seat-- i got back into riding bikes 4 years ago this seat from the get go i could do 30-35 miles on it and not be sore at all

i regularly ride it 4-5 hours at a time and am never sore, have tried several other seats and nothing works for me , am always very sore after

so this is my seat, not wasting any more money trying to find a different one when this one has been great

i told pushkar not to send me a seat at all

yes full suspension
it has a chain because we could not get the belt to work with fs- i would prefer a belt

it does have the rohloff

:)

on the seat-- i got back into riding bikes 4 years ago this seat from the get go i could do 30-35 miles on it and not be sore at all

i regularly ride it 4-5 hours at a time and am never sore, have tried several other seats and nothing works for me , am always very sore after

so this is my seat, not wasting any more money trying to find a different one when this one has been great

i told pushkar not to send me a seat at all

yes full suspension
it has a chain because we could not get the belt to work with fs- i would prefer a belt

it does have the rohloff

:)
If it works for you then you're set! :)

Back