Velotric Discover 2 cadence sensor

Mike N.

So yesterday I tried the cadence sensor option for the first time after downloading it. You can only access it from your phone. Very simple to use. Once it kicked in it was a big surge of power compared to my settings for torque. On torque I have it on boost mode and levels 3-5 depending on terrain. That was way too much power in cadence mode. I ended up in Trail mode and level 2 which brought me to about the same speed as using the torque but with very little effort on my part. I probably could have tweaked it to eco but I didn't want to stop again and change the settings.

I would like to see the torque setting fined tuned a bit by less force to get more speed so I'm not in boost mode. I think Velotric could do it with just a software update eventually.

I can't believe how far E-bikes have come in the 7 years I have been riding. I remember when torque sensors where on just the very high-end E-bikes. Now I can switch back and forth on will. The Discover 2 is a nice package but not sure it will meet the riding style of all riders. It's a step thru comfort bike. My Ride1up V1 is a little lighter, and a little more forward riding position. But the fit and finish, and quality control is much better on Velotric. Plus the 2 year warranty. The customer service has been excellent. Last time I had an issue downloading the new software due to changing out my display screen they responded fast, walked me through how to add the display to my bike so the software would load, and gave me a $20.00 credit for merchandise.

Hope they come out with some other models soon.

Back