Vello bike+ owner since December 2018 first ebike Scottsdale az.

I'd been interested to hear what you think of your Vello. Is the titanium model out yet?
Yes they started delivering that model weeks ago. It will be a year come December, mine was deliver . I have the city Urban model with carbon belt. It's top speed in turbo is 15 mph. I mostly use the power assist slope mode. On at 11 mile ride I consumes 2 to 3% of the battery
The folding aspect came in handy twice with two flat tires the bike usually fits in the back of an Uber when folded. You can probably also jump onto one of those E Scooters and get it into some shade or air conditioning to fix the flat. So far very pleased with the overall design. I think the back wheel, which in held In place buy a magnet should have a lock on it mostly for working on the bike when it's on a rack. By the time you add all the accouterments front rack water bottle repair kits the bike weight is in at 40 pounds still on the heavy side, but no problem carrying it up a flight of stairs to my condo. I think It's a good fit for people who want to get back into bike riding that have knee problems. The power assist is very flexible where you can slowly regain your leg strength. I have not been bike riding in 40 years, and it only took a few months to get back in shape to not need the power assist on my route. Still the turbo mode is very exhilarating. I can reach 20 mph down hill but cruising speed on flat land for me is 11 mph. I think I started a 8 mile.

Attachments

• _20190428_124508.JPG
    _20190428_124508.JPG
    218.3 KB · Views: 587
Yes they started delivering that model weeks ago. It will be a year come December, mine was deliver . I have the city Urban model with carbon belt. It's top speed in turbo is 15 mph. I mostly use the power assist slope mode. On at 11 mile ride I consumes 2 to 3% of the battery
The folding aspect came in handy twice with two flat tires the bike usually fits in the back of an Uber when folded. You can probably also jump onto one of those E Scooters and get it into some shade or air conditioning to fix the flat. So far very pleased with the overall design. I think the back wheel, which in held In place buy a magnet should have a lock on it mostly for working on the bike when it's on a rack. By the time you add all the accouterments front rack water bottle repair kits the bike weight is in at 40 pounds still on the heavy side, but no problem carrying it up a flight of stairs to my condo. I think It's a good fit for people who want to get back into bike riding that have knee problems. The power assist is very flexible where you can slowly regain your leg strength. I have not been bike riding in 40 years, and it only took a few months to get back in shape to not need the power assist on my route. Still the turbo mode is very exhilarating. I can reach 20 mph down hill but cruising speed on flat land for me is 11 mph. I think I started a 8 mile.

Thanks for the quick reply. Where did you get your bike through and are you happy with their service?

I got on the crowdfunding indiegogo.com. a nail biting 1.5 year event, but did get a break on the price. About a month or two the power hub started rebooting but was very intermittent like once or twice a month, but got progressively worse. The owner Valerie is in Austria and the manufacturer of the Hub is it in Italy. I worked with the engineers in Italy the only problem was the time difference. Eventually replace the Hub and I have no problems so far. Local support is a problem I had the rage bike shop do some Tire changes they're a little hesitant on working on e-bikes there are some ebike shops I haven't tried yet for any kind of service. Though this model is very popular in Europe I'm not sure they are geared up to service it in the US. I keep trying to convince them that the Arizona bike trails are perfect for this bike. The company that manufactures the power hub also manufactures it for a lot of different bikes they are called ZEHUS | PRODUCTS zehus.it of course you can order it directly from vellobike.com or there kickstarter page. There really isn't much to the power hub just one connector. The software is amazingly intuitive my favorite trail is about 11 miles mostly flat but overpasses straight up straight down and I use about 3% of a battery when the power assisting on the Hills there is lots of ways to maximize the battery by using the regenerative braking on downhill rolls. And can adjust got much re-gen you you put back into the bike. On full re-gen you speed is reduce by one mile when on flat surface once your incline goes to .3 or higher it automatically disengages. Unless your looking at the app on your phone you hardly notice the difference.

Thanks for the info. I'm waiting to see what people say about the titanium model as it's definitely a unique ebike.

Heisenberg, do you still have your Vello? If so, what are your thoughts on it now? I'm talking with Vello about purchasing and shipping a titanium bike+ from Austria to Florida. Did you get the single speed or the Schlumpf Drive? My one concern is the reliability of the motor controller in the high temperatures inside the hub, especially in a warm climate like Florida or Arizona

hi everyone, I'm considering getting a vello ebike+ and I would like to hear more about owners of this bike related to the motor assist, regen breaks, the magnetic lock, the app and maintenance.

thanks

Back