Vado step-through IGH and non-IGH weight?

Chibbie

Region
USA
Does anyone know how much the Vado Step-Through IGH and Step-Through regular/non-IGH models each weigh and how much their respective removable batteries weigh? I was surprised to not be able to find these specs on the Specialized site or by Googling. (But perhaps I’m just bad at searching: I also didn’t find it on this forum.)

I’m trying to figure out the net weight of the IGH and non-IGH models to figure out whether either seems feasible for my purposes. By “net weight”, I mean whether I’d be able to regularly carry the bike up and down stairs if I carried the bike and battery separately. (Well, I’m pretty sure I’d be able to; the real question is whether I’d *want* to, which depends on the weight.)

(I do know about the SL models, but I’m not considering them because I need a removable battery due to my charging situation and I’m pretty sure the SLs have a non-removable battery.)

Thanks!

IGH/NonIGH: These are heavy bikes for stairs in either configuration: somebody will clarify an exact weight, but ~56-58lbs? The SL is a different story: ~33lbs

removing the battery certainly helps, but not enough to make me carry these beasts up /down flights of stairs. The SL: ok, maybe I would.

IGH/NonIGH: These are heavy bikes for stairs in either configuration: somebody will clarify an exact weight, but ~56-58lbs? The SL is a different story: ~33lbs

removing the battery certainly helps, but not enough to make me carry these beasts up /down flights of stairs. The SL: ok, maybe I would.
Thanks. Very helpful!

Thanks. Very helpful!
Does anyone know how much the Vado Step-Through IGH and Step-Through regular/non-IGH models each weigh and how much their respective removable batteries weigh? I was surprised to not be able to find these specs on the Specialized site or by Googling. (But perhaps I’m just bad at searching: I also didn’t find it on this forum.)

I’m trying to figure out the net weight of the IGH and non-IGH models to figure out whether either seems feasible for my purposes. By “net weight”, I mean whether I’d be able to regularly carry the bike up and down stairs if I carried the bike and battery separately. (Well, I’m pretty sure I’d be able to; the real question is whether I’d *want* to, which depends on the weight.)

(I do know about the SL models, but I’m not considering them because I need a removable battery due to my charging situation and I’m pretty sure the SLs have a non-removable battery.)

Thanks!
I just received my Vado 5.0 IGH today and am out testing. I was curious as well so I’ll weigh and post for you when I get home.

Have you tried the chat support on specialized website?

A couple days ago I used that to get the weights of a couple of Creo models in just a few minutes.

what weights did they give you? i've seen the "under 27lb" for a complete s-works 54cm mentioned several times but after weighing a lot of the parts on my creo as i took it apart and upgraded it, i'm not seeing how it gets quite that light.

what weights did they give you? i've seen the "under 27lb" for a complete s-works 54cm mentioned several times but after weighing a lot of the parts on my creo as i took it apart and upgraded it, i'm not seeing how it gets quite that light.

For size Medium, they told me:

Turbo Creo SL Comp E5: 31 lbs
Turbo Creo SL Comp Carbon: 28.4 lbs
Turbo Creo SL Comp Carbon EVO: 29.8 lbs

i don’t presently have any way to verify.

for the IGH vado :

enviolo heavy duty gear hub 2,450g.
automatiq interface not stated, let's call it 200g including the sprocket
belt 100g
front ring ±100g (97g listed for a 50t)
total ±2,850g, or 6.3lb

for the derailleur bike:
cassette 538g
derailleur 265g
chain 330g
chainring 85g
driver/hub (type unknown, this is for a dt swiss 350 in boost spacing) 300g
total ±1,500g or 3.3lb

so, around 3lb heavier for the IGH version. are there any other differences between IGH and non-IGH vado?

For size Medium, they told me:

Turbo Creo SL Comp E5: 31 lbs
Turbo Creo SL Comp Carbon: 28.4 lbs
Turbo Creo SL Comp Carbon EVO: 29.8 lbs

i don’t presently have any way to verify.

very interesting! pretty sure my stock comp carbon weighed more like 30lb, but it was an XL. the only real difference would be frame, which can't account for almost 2lb.

Thanks!
Vado 5.0 IGH size large. Off the show-room floor today with nothing added is 61.5 lbs. Battery is 8.5 lbs. The bike is noticeably heavier than the Priority Current it is replacing, which comes in around 53-54. I’m sure a significant part of that is the 40% larger battery.

Vado 5.0 IGH size large. Off the show-room floor today with nothing added is 61.5 lbs. Battery is 8.5 lbs. The bike is noticeably heavier than the Priority Current it is replacing, which comes in around 53-54. I’m sure a significant part of that is the 40% larger battery.
Thanks! Very helpful.

With the battery removed, it would be exactly the same weight as my current ebike (a Vintage Electric Cafe) with its battery installed. So this is a very helpful frame of reference: there’s no way I’d regularly carry my VE Cafe up and down the stairs with the battery installed.

Back