Vado SL and kids seat?

Dodgygreg

Region
Europe
Hello,
I am about to buy a Vado SL 5 eq to ride in the Alps. But I am also used to take my kids around on my current bike for small rides to town or to school. I carry them around on a saddle installed on the frame of the bike (see pic attached).
I have a question to the Vado SL 5 owners amongst you: do you think that this type of kid seats could be mounted on the frame of the Vado SL 5 without damaging the bike? My kid is about 20kg.
Alternatively I was wondering whether the Mac-ride system could possibly be adapted to the Vado SL 5 despite the future schok feature?
Thanks!
Greg

Attachments

• 786DB81E-F95B-4D4D-9AD8-2D96E29AF3C3.jpeg
    786DB81E-F95B-4D4D-9AD8-2D96E29AF3C3.jpeg
    119.4 KB · Views: 263
Hello,
I am about to buy a Vado SL 5 eq to ride in the Alps. But I am also used to take my kids around on my current bike for small rides to town or to school. I carry them around on a saddle installed on the frame of the bike (see pic attached).
I have a question to the Vado SL 5 owners amongst you: do you think that this type of kid seats could be mounted on the frame of the Vado SL 5 without damaging the bike? My kid is about 20kg.
Alternatively I was wondering whether the Mac-ride system could possibly be adapted to the Vado SL 5 despite the future schok feature?
Thanks!
Greg

Both don’t seem appropriate to me because of the fall hazard for the child. I’d suggest getting a proper rear mounted child carrier. Probably just as easy to mount and unmount as well.

Mechanically though - the first one doesn’t look well suited to me because it places the load on the top tube which isn’t designed for that stress, but also it obscures the control unit.

The second one seems more fitting if you attach it to the seatpost vs. the frame - the bike has an oblong shape to hold the seatpost clamp that I think might interfere.

Back