VADO 3.0 - Specialized Brose 1.2s motor - Serial Number?

lewes5

A new Specialized motor was installed in my 2017/18 Turbo VADO - Class 3 bike by my LBS . I asked the dealer for a detailed receipt showing the new motor serial number and some kind of document showing the warranty terms and period for the new motor. I was informed that information is not available. He was unaware that Specialized (motors) had individual serial numbers. ???

I find his response rather odd. I cannot imagine that a new Specialized motor, or any motor for that matter, would not have an individual serial number.

I believe I understand that my BLOKS computer system shows the motor number - - is this true? I have never had the need to update the BLOKS system. Should I? What are my options?

On the physical motor itself, is there a tag or other identification, like a number stamped into the case, indicating a unique serial number for that specific motor? I need a quick education!!

Thanks so much!!

Chuck

On the physical motor itself, is there a tag or other identification, like a number stamped into the case, indicating a unique serial number for that specific motor? I need a quick education!!
Yes, there is a specific Brose motor number on the outside of the motor housing.
Just loosen the four screws of the motor cover, and you should be able to see the type and number of the motor.

Thanks, TS!

The four screws are on the bottom, or underside of the housing or are the on the two sides.

I've looked at several YouTube videos and they seem to indicate removing the crank arm (with a puller) and another bracket. From your message, all I need to do is remove four screws.

Thanks again!

Chuck

The four screws are: two on the top end and two at the lower end of the motor cover. You can take off the lower part of the motor cover afterwards. Then you can see two more screws at the top that hold the upper part of the motor cover, loosen them as well.
Now you might be able to lift the upper part of the motor cover to the side just enough to read the Brose data on the left of the motor: type of motor and when it was built. Search for the serial number as well.
If it's still necessary to remove the upper motor cover fully you would need to remove the crank arm, unfortunately. But I would try the easy way first.

Thank you again.

I'm going to give this a try a bit later this morning. Can't ride today, way too much rain.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Cheers,

chuck

Back