USB Charging Port on Snapcycle R1/R1 Step Thru/ S1

Snapcycle

Region
USA
Many of you are wondering if Snapcycle E-bikes come with USB charging port?

Well, the answer is no.
All of our models, namely the S1, R1 and R1 Step-Thru do not come with USB plug on our LCD screens. You will need an external power bank to charge your phone. The reason for this is that if a USB port is provided on the LCD, the user would have to make sure the rubber cover for the USB port is sealed properly to prevent water damage after charging his phone. This is one of the considerations we had for not providing a USB port on the LCD. We seek your understanding.

For other relevant topics on technical support, you may refer to our website at

We would love to hear your thoughts or suggestions on our fat-tire electric bikes.

the user would have to make sure the rubber cover for the USB port is sealed properly to prevent water damage after charging his phone.
Hundreds of Reention Atlas, aka Dolphin, cased batteries sold by my former shop and not a single issue with the USB port. Nor with any of my 4 personal Dolphin packs. ACF50 treatment for the win!

Bought two of these for our new Lectric 2.0 ST ebikes. They mount on the handlebars and a short USB cable can be used to reach over to the smartphone mount on the other side of the Lectric LCD display. The cable is perhaps 4' long and it is zip-tied to the main cable harness and runs under the bike and back to the controller, where it ties directly into the 48v battery line.

When first installed I was concerned about leaving the Lectric key "on" all the time, since it was located in an inconvenient position, but after monitoring the 48v battery voltage over two weeks it appears that the USB adapter draws very little idle current.

It appears this little USB adapter provides quite a bit of current, which is good, because a smartphone running a GPS utility program draws a lot of power. The USB adapter also appears to be quite waterproof, with a tight-fitting rubber plug for the USB port.

Back