Ultimate T10+ or Ultimate 380

nggmd

Region
USA
Hey Everyone,
About to take the plunge on a new ebike.
Trying to decide between U T10+, and U 380.
I understand the differences between the two which essentially boils down to speed vs belt drive. Which one would most choose and why? I know it’s a personal choice and I can’t go wrong with either but I’m looking for some guidance.
Thank goodness I rode my first Gazelle on a recent bike tour in Oregon. It blew me away!

You can go class 3 with either (+ vs no +) I choose c380 because I've had enough cleaning chains and derailleurs over the last 45 years.

You can go class 3 with either (+ vs no +) I choose c380 because I've had enough cleaning chains and derailleurs over the last 45 years.
my choice is specifically between the speed of the T10+ VS belt of the C380(class1)

my choice is specifically between the speed of the T10+ VS belt of the C380(class1)

Odd comparison as the intended use is pretty different between the two bikes. The T10+ will feel more traditional in terms of riding characteristic. Both due to the frame design as well as the chain/derailleur. The C380 is pretty slick but the Enviolo rear hub isn't a slam dunk for everyone. Honestly I'd say the intended use and if you have to have a class 3 would be the two biggest factors in my mind. The Performance motor on the C380 is incredibly smooth and quiet compared to the Performance Speed motor. That'd be another thing to consider, both the Performance Speed and chain/derailleur combo are louder, hands down. If you're more sensitive to noise then that's going to be more of a limiting factor if that makes sense?

Odd comparison as the intended use is pretty different between the two bikes. The T10+ will feel more traditional in terms of riding characteristic. Both due to the frame design as well as the chain/derailleur. The C380 is pretty slick but the Enviolo rear hub isn't a slam dunk for everyone. Honestly I'd say the intended use and if you have to have a class 3 would be the two biggest factors in my mind. The Performance motor on the C380 is incredibly smooth and quiet compared to the Performance Speed motor. That'd be another thing to consider, both the Performance Speed and chain/derailleur combo are louder, hands down. If you're more sensitive to noise then that's going to be more of a limiting factor if that makes sense?
You summed it up well; problem is I’m looking for what will be generally “better“ as in more fun, to ride; who doesn’t want more speed? But, less maintenance with the belt drive and super comfy. I tested rode an UT10 today and found it very nice, smooth and responsive. Position was not too forward as I was worried about….. I’m confused

You summed it up well; problem is I’m looking for what will be generally “better“ as in more fun, to ride; who doesn’t want more speed? But, less maintenance with the belt drive and super comfy. I tested rode an UT10 today and found it very nice, smooth and responsive. Position was not too forward as I was worried about….. I’m confused
If you're riding on MUP and/or not commuting or riding with traffic a class 3 isn't always good. They use more battery (because they make more power) so the range can be negatively impacted (highly dependent on the rider and conditions though). I'd say, if you like driving stick shift cars, then most people prefer the traditional chain/derailleur. That or if you prefer to know exactly what gear you're in and a chain doesn't bug you, stick with the T10. If you are wholly over gears and chains, get the C380, it's more like an automatic, set it where you're comfy and ride away. Even the class 1 C380 has plenty of juice with the Performance motor.

Decided to go with the 380! Funny thing that I realized was that I had just rented one on a day trip last week in Hood River, OR. It was pretty awesome! Should have my bike within a week

Decided to go with the 380! Funny thing that I realized was that I had just rented one on a day trip last week in Hood River, OR. It was pretty awesome! Should have my bike within a week
Nice, congrats! Where did you rent from?

Back