Turning on the headlight.

teskow

I have a Ride1Up Prodigy and want to pass on a bit of info regarding the headlight. On mine I am able to set the light so it is on all the time, manually turn on or auto turn on. I keep it on the auto setting. If there is a reason I want to alert someone of my presence I just put my hand over the display and it turns on the headlight in a couple of seconds .

Wow. Never heard of that before.
I have the LMT'D and I'll have to look at mine.
Thanks for the tip.

On my LMT'D (new in November 22) I see only on and off as options. Did your display offer a third option when holding the + button?

The lights setting on my Prodigy ST has three settings. always on , always off and an automatic setting which turns lights on only when dark. I suspect other models may not have the three light setting option.
Research the display settings to see if your unit has three setting choices. I don't believe my first Prodigy did and if it did I never discovered it. Learning all the possible options one can set up in the display can be quite a challenge. Remembering what you did two months later to make the change can be tough.

Looking at it now, I see that the display for the Prodigy is completely different. Auto headlight is not an option on the LMT'D.

For the e-bike front light, after starting the e-bike, four dots will now appear on the right handlebar, press the button just below the four dots for about 3 to 5 seconds until the lights switch on.

Back