Turning E bike to pedal only

rimfirematt

So i have my M2S bike on the way. What if the motor conks out, batteries die ect? And at some point Id want to convert it to just a pedal bike. Would that be a big deal? I'd imagine the frame would accommodate a regular wheel and cassette right?

I’m guessing you’re the first person to ever ask a bunch of eBike enthusiasts, if you could take off all the electrical components and make a traditional bike. It’s all about frame measurements and the gearing you want.

haha yeah your probably right! Just for whatever reason this bike doesn't work out I just want to know if I'm going to have to start from scratch. Like maybe I should get a pedal bike and make it electric?

So i have my M2S bike on the way. What if the motor conks out, batteries die ect? And at some point Id want to convert it to just a pedal bike. Would that be a big deal? I'd imagine the frame would accommodate a regular wheel and cassette right?
Well, for those of us who have BionX kits on our bikes, yeah, I'm not getting rid of my stock rear hub anytime soon.
I might want to put a BBSHD on this instead someday.

To save charge or deal with a possible electric failure I replaced the 52T chainring with a 50/34T compact & a bit shorter chain. Now if
the need arises or I simply want to save charge, I reach down & move the chain to the 34 by hand. My bike is pretty heavy, but pedals
fairly well this way.

Most ebikes are pretty heavy bikes--I assume that my bike would still be pretty heavy even with all of the electric components taken off. For a conventional bike, lighter is much better!

Back