Turbo Vado Sl 5.0 TCD alternative

Abridged

Region
United Kingdom
Hi there, sorry if this has been asked before. I think I managed to kill the wireless TCD whilst changing the battery. It doesn't work at all now. It really is a very awkward battery to change. I wonder is there a (cheapish) alternative to the TCD that can be handlebar mounted and connected to the Vado, one with a battery change that is easy! I'm not well up on these things. Thanks for your help.

is there a (cheapish) alternative to the TCD that can be handlebar mounted and connected to the Vado
Not.
TCD is just $100.

To give you a good perspective, Garmin Edge, Wahoo ELEMNT or Hammerhead Karoo2 all work with Vado SL as ultimate display and navigation units. Just compare their price to the TCD.

Last edited:
Sorry to ask perhaps a stupid question. Many button batteries have a sticker on one side to prevent premature discharging. Did you remove that sticker from the new button battery?

Sorry to ask perhaps a stupid question. Many button batteries have a sticker on one side to prevent premature discharging. Did you remove that sticker from the new button battery?
Ah I did. I think I damaged the edge of part of it when I was trying to change it. My fault completely of course but they could make it a bit easier to change the battery! I'll probably have to get another TCD though maybe I can find a second hand Garmin etc on ebay.

If you want a Garmin, the Edge 530 is button operated and the 830 is a touchscreen device. My brother uses Edge 530 that is compatible with his Giant e-bike but we both know it is compatible with the Vado SL too. I mention the 530 because of its fairly (as for a Garmin) low price.

Back