Turbo Vado 5.0 vs. 6.0

andersonimes

Can anyone tell what the difference between the Turbo Vado 5.0 and 6.0 (2020 or 2019) is?

My 2017 6.0 was stolen a few weeks ago. I bought that level originally because of the brake lights, really loud horn, mirror, etc. It was kitted out to be perfect for my commute. I'm wondering if the new ones are similar and I'm just not seeing it?

There doesn’t seem to be a horn and brake light any more according to Specialized’s website. And the US site says nothing about whether it’s a 20mph or a 28mph bike.
I suggest you contact a dealer you trust and have them check what’s available. The Specialized website lists 5.0 models that have the old Bloks display and also 5.0 with the Turbo Connect Display (TCD) The TCD is what you need to be able to use the Mission Control app. This display also shows more information than the old one.

Yeah. The only thing I can see on the website doing a side-by-side is it looks like the 5.0 uses the 1.3 motor and the 6.0 uses the 1.2S motor. Not sure what is different there. The cost difference is $100. Very confusing.

Ok. According to our local bike shop, it looks like there is not a 2020 Turbo Vado 6.0, so one on the website is the old (2019) one. Explains somewhat of the mystery.

The bike shop had a 2018 6.0 for $4k, so I just grabbed that to replace the one that got stolen. It sounds like they will get the kits to upgrade the computer to one you can futz with over bluetooth, so I guess I'm mostly in the same place I was. I won't lose the $1000 insurance deductible, so I'm calling it a win.

Ok. According to our local bike shop, it looks like there is not a 2020 Turbo Vado 6.0, so one on the website is the old (2019) one. Explains somewhat of the mystery.

The bike shop had a 2018 6.0 for $4k, so I just grabbed that to replace the one that got stolen. It sounds like they will get the kits to upgrade the computer to one you can futz with over bluetooth, so I guess I'm mostly in the same place I was. I won't lose the $1000 insurance deductible, so I'm calling it a win.
Good you found a bike to replace the one that got away. ( when my 4.0 was stolen I bought a 2020 5.0 so I had to spend another $1.400)
Did you run Armadillo 2.0 tires on your previous Vado? If so how did like them and did you try some other tires?

Last edited:
Back