Turbo Vado 5.0 IGH Step-Through

The Bosch motor is used on their regular e-bikes like the regular Eboxx below

The Eboxx Ultra is a completely different beast with a different 10kW motor, and not released yet.

Regarding the Eboxx ULTRA, they plan two versions.
A restricted homologated one
"With L1e-B approval, the EBOXX Ultra can be used in Germany as a road vehicle. With an electronic throttle of 4 KW and a maximum speed of 45 km/h, it falls into the category of small moped or scooter. It can be ridden with a scooter driving licence class AM from the age of 16, or with a regular class B car driving licence, which includes class AM. "

And an unrestricted version for Off Road use only
"The unrestricted motocross version, the EBOXX Ultra MX, reaches a top speed of 65 km/h and cannot be road legal in Germany in this form. Like any motocross bike, the MX version should only be operated on private, approved, and closed off-road tracks."

Now whether it will ever be released is anybody's guess :)

And an unrestricted version for Off Road use only
"The unrestricted motocross version, the EBOXX Ultra MX, reaches a top speed of 65 km/h and cannot be road legal in Germany in this form. Like any motocross bike, the MX version should only be operated on private, approved, and closed off-road tracks."
This is illegal in the EU. That's why they will never make it.

I don't quite follow.
There will be an L1e homologated version, and that IS legal in the EU.
Off road vehicles that can only be used on closed approved circuit are also perfectly legal if used in these conditions. There are plenty of motocross gas bikes that fit in that category and are sold legally all over the EU...

I don't quite follow.
There will be an L1e homologated version, and that IS legal in the EU.
Off road vehicles that can only be used on closed approved circuit are also perfectly legal if used in these conditions. There are plenty of motocross gas bikes that fit in that category and are sold legally all over the EU...
We do not have such big properties in Europe as you presumably have in the U.S. Are you an owner of a big farm yourself?
Nikolai knows any attempt of releasing illegal e-bikes in Europe (especially in Germany) will result in bankruptcy of his company and even possible criminal case.

There will be an L1e homologated version
When?

OK, you are clearly not listening, so your brain is clearly shutdown on this, so I will leave it at that
Moving on :)

Do not forget to notify me when the Nicolai e-motorcycle has been released. With a Bafang motor, of course :D

I already told you the Ultra is NOT based on a Bafang motor.
Heavy sight ....

They dont give the details, but being a Dual drivetrain bike, it can be any big 10kW motor.
These are way simpler than single drivetrain 250W motors found on regular bikes.

They are simpler because they do no need internal gearing (the appropriate gearing is accomplished in the separate drivetrain sprockets), and they are paired with an external controller (either off the shelve like Silixcon or asic, or made in house).

Because of that, these motors are way less complex and therefore more reliable than the integrated mi drive like Bosch and all. Many are made by High end electric motors manufacturers that have been in existence way longer than the Bosch type of e-bike motors.
They are the same type of motors you find on electric Motorcycles from the best manufacturers.

But they can only be used for high power dual drivetrain e-bikes or electric motorcycles.

Last edited:
Hi hitch, any updates on your 5.0 igh vibrations issue?
I didn’t ride very much over the winter. Between work, weather (and, regrettably) not enough motivation, I just didn’t get out like I hoped. But, frankly, it is something that I forgot about. Next time that I ride, I’ll pay attention to it. It certainly hasn’t gotten worse.

Back