Turbo S battery error

John E

After 4200 fun filled km, it would appear my battery has bitten the dust. Keeps cutting out and showing "two blobs" = battery error.

Is this reasonable for the battery? Should I have expected more distance for the £750 price?

Any ideas RE replacement's? Will the UK battery work or do I need to import one from europe/USA?

FYI, it's a full power unrestricted bike.

Cheers,

John

If the battery yields less than 75% of its capacity before reaching 300 charging cycles within the first 2 years, it should be replaced by Specialized. Talk to the store where you bought the bike, they will replace it for you (Specialized never do any job directly with the end user).

The dealer can also update the firmware for the battery which may or may not fix your problem. Good luck

Thanks for the replies, I purchased the bike second hand and the original owner replaced the battery under warranty shortly after they purchased new in 2015. When i got thr bike 6 months ago
, it had done 1500km. I've been speaking with the dealer and because I'm not the original owner they won't entertain a warranty claim. Looks like I need to save up to buy a new battery at £700/£800 :-( The dealer updated the firmware but no joy.

One last question, what limits the bike? Is it the battery or the bike? Would a UK battery work fine on an unrestricted Turbo S?

Thanks for the replies, I purchased the bike second hand and the original owner replaced the battery under warranty shortly after they purchased new in 2015. When i got thr bike 6 months ago
, it had done 1500km. I've been speaking with the dealer and because I'm not the original owner they won't entertain a warranty claim. Looks like I need to save up to buy a new battery at £700/£800 :-( The dealer updated the firmware but no joy.

One last question, what limits the bike? Is it the battery or the bike? Would a UK battery work fine on an unrestricted Turbo S?
The limitation is on the battery (if you mean the speed limitation). Make sure you get the 691 Wh battery that is the one of Turbo S (the one with highest capacity), that's the only one that will be almost 100% sure that won't come with any kind of limitation, though I do not know what kind of batteries do they sell in the UK. Usually the dealer orders parts from Specialized USA and they ship it to your location. Not sure if anything comes from Europe.

You may as well get the 691Wh battery, more is always better with batteries. If replacing it causes the speed limit to come on, complain and get it unset. It's a few seconds job with the diagnostic kit. They might have to plug it in, go to the appropriate screen and 'turn away' for a few seconds while you sneak in and turn the limits off without them knowing anything about it...

Back