Trying to make a decision on ebike for hunting

Fat tire with a Bafang Ultra. Enough power for any situation or load. I tried a Felt and it had the euroweenie motor and was woefully underpowered.

wwdiii did you decide to build or buy?

I saw that Costco has a Rambo R750 G3 Bafang mid-drive e-FTB with racks, bags, and fenders for $1,999 and other Rambo direct and other Rambo vendors are selling end-of-year R750 G3's w/o accessories in the $1,600 range. The battery is a bit on the skimpy side at 48V 10.4 AH and per website, has LG cells. The disk brakes are basic mechanical ones.

Regardless of bike source, Rambo has some reasonably priced accessory game/fishing/kayak bike-pulled trailers. They are generally cheaper from their vendors than Rambo direct.

If doing a DITY build, Costco has an FTB for ~$400 that could serve as a platform, and you can get a 1000w Bafang BBSHD kit from Luna Bikes, and save a few hundred on your DITY build - over a factory build, and still have a pretty good e-FTB.

Last edited:
I think some of the comments are to specialty oriented. I also just purchased an e bike for hunting and i am looking at the Rambo trailer.
I am close to 60 and have a hard time dragging a deer a half mile anymore. I figured i could hook up the trailer and throw my stand, backpack and bow or gun in the trailer.
If i get one i ride back to the truck and empty the cart minus license , light and knife. Load deer bring back to the truck. Seems way easier than dragging all my stuff in and possibly a deer out. Baiting and cameras are legal where i hunt so the trailer would help with that. Currently i carry one 40 lb bag of corn in a half mile walk back out and do it again. sometimes i am baiting 3 sites. You can quickly see how much the bike and trailer will help. You can use an e bike in NJ but not a 4 wheel vehicle ( i own a very nice CAm AM 1000 XT which is a ticket on state lands) I would prefer to try and balance this load than carry it all the way . I will let you know how it works out for me

Back